Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Performance Vault 2011 on ESXi 4.x server

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
PolemEngineering
257 Views, 0 Replies

Performance Vault 2011 on ESXi 4.x server

The performance of our vaultserver are a little disappointing. In earlier topic's I told about vault backups that take to long, freezes on all userpc's when perform a move action etc.

Afterwards, this turned out to be caused by a bad performing "budget" raidcontroller.

This happen with our current dedicated server: HP ML110 with 2GB memory, a RAID1 with 2 SAS disks.

A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to go use a different server. A HP ML350 with 4GB memory and 6 SAS drives in RAID5. This time we installed ESXi 4.1 (we also have a virtual machine running for a sporadic used desktop). For the vaultserver we created a seperated disk for the filestore. After that we replace a backup from our current server.

I should say, almost an identical copy (except for the filestore).

Downloading from a folder on this VM is much faster than from our current server. But working with the Vault almost takes twice as much time.

Opening an assembly (3000 parts, 350 unique files) took about 26 seconds on our ML110 and 38 seconds on our VM ML350.

Is there anyone with experiences with working with Autodesk Vault on ESXi who can help me with solving this problem. Are there recommended applications or monitoring tools which can pinpoint the problem.

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report