Vault General Discussion

Vault General Discussion

Contributor
jvolence
Message 1 of 5 (114 Views)

Parts not following parent model when checked into Vault

114 Views, 4 Replies
12-26-2012 08:19 AM

Having some trouble with vault. Components in the browswer appear with a line through the file name (see below). These components do not follow the parent model into vault when checked in. I am able to open the component by itself and check it in, but would like it to move in with the parent assembly like all of the other parts. Any suggestions as to why i am getting this & how to fix? Thanks!

vault_problem.jpg

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 5 (100 Views)

Re: Parts not following parent model when checked into Vault

12-26-2012 09:35 AM in reply to: jvolence

If you hover your mouse over that part, does it give you any kind of error or warning message?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Contributor
jvolence
Message 3 of 5 (96 Views)

12-26-2012 09:46 AM in reply to: cbenner

No. It states the current vault status (checked in or checked out). Another interesting thing, if i right-click over the name in the browser, all of my vault right-click options appear, but are all greyed out except for the "refresh from vault" option. I tried selecting that, and it seemed like it refreshed, but no changes to the browser in regards to the line & the ability to check in.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 5 (66 Views)

12-27-2012 06:53 AM in reply to: jvolence

Probably a dumb question,... but these parts are not checked outt o a different user, are they?  Are the files located outside of the active project?

Is this assembly something you couls attach here?  Or maybe a smaller one that exhibits the same behavior?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Contributor
jvolence
Message 5 of 5 (60 Views)

12-27-2012 08:27 AM in reply to: cbenner

Not checked out to a different user, or outside of the project file. What's also a little strange is that I have been able to at times fix it by joggin the model through a couple of changes, saving and refreshing the vault browser. It doesn't work every time and sometimes then another item will lock up in the same manner. It's just happening too randomly to pinpoint when or why.

I'll try to make it happen in a smaller model that i can share with you...

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.