Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts not following parent model when checked into Vault

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jvolence
230 Views, 4 Replies

Parts not following parent model when checked into Vault

Having some trouble with vault. Components in the browswer appear with a line through the file name (see below). These components do not follow the parent model into vault when checked in. I am able to open the component by itself and check it in, but would like it to move in with the parent assembly like all of the other parts. Any suggestions as to why i am getting this & how to fix? Thanks!

vault_problem.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: jvolence
Message 3 of 5
jvolence
in reply to: cbenner

No. It states the current vault status (checked in or checked out). Another interesting thing, if i right-click over the name in the browser, all of my vault right-click options appear, but are all greyed out except for the "refresh from vault" option. I tried selecting that, and it seemed like it refreshed, but no changes to the browser in regards to the line & the ability to check in.

Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: jvolence

Probably a dumb question,... but these parts are not checked outt o a different user, are they?  Are the files located outside of the active project?

Is this assembly something you couls attach here?  Or maybe a smaller one that exhibits the same behavior?

Message 5 of 5
jvolence
in reply to: cbenner

Not checked out to a different user, or outside of the project file. What's also a little strange is that I have been able to at times fix it by joggin the model through a couple of changes, saving and refreshing the vault browser. It doesn't work every time and sometimes then another item will lock up in the same manner. It's just happening too randomly to pinpoint when or why.

I'll try to make it happen in a smaller model that i can share with you...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report