Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Number/Description not updating in the vault

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
BassEngineer
1191 Views, 7 Replies

Part Number/Description not updating in the vault

When I check in a file into the vault, the part number and description in the vault isn't always "synching" with the iproperties from the file. This doesn't happen all the time, maybe 20% of the time?

IE, In Inventor I can see the description and part number fields have values, but after check in, the vault doesn't show these values.  I tried reindexing but myself and others still see this behavior.

I delete the file and re-check in...sometimes I have to "re-check in" 2-3 times for the part number and description to populate. (I am deleting the file because I don't want any unneccessary versions).  This also happens to other users in our company.

has anyone experienced this?

We are using Vault Pro (only the VE portion right now, no ITEMS) and Inventor Suite 2011.

Thnx

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BassEngineer
in reply to: BassEngineer

anyone?

Message 3 of 8

hi..

I am using Vault Manufacturing 2010 and I also face the same problem sometimes.. even though I fill up the revision number for the models in the i-properties, still on some of the systems I am unable to see them.. 

I would really appreciate if someone comes up with a solution..

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8

Somebody other than myself must have this issue?!?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Since Vault Pro, I've been having a lot of issues with this too. The item description seems to stay on the name that I first assigned the item. Any changes that I make later and then update item, the item description just goes back to the initial description regardless of what the actual file properties say.

Message 6 of 8
BassEngineer
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Since Vault Pro, I've been having a lot of issues with this too. The item description seems to stay on the name that I first assigned the item. Any changes that I make later and then update item, the item description just goes back to the initial description regardless of what the actual file properties say.

Sorry to hear you are having problems too...I am not sure if they are related.

Here is a snapshot of my problem...you can see the missing descriptions and part numbers.

Message 7 of 8
grantg1976

Hello,

I'm having this same problem.  I just discovered it, and coincidently another user came to me with the same problem.  Vault doesn't show the metadata for Part Number or Description, yet they are present in the iProperties window.  We're using the basic vanilla Vault.  Deleting the part(s) from Vault, then reloading them has been fixing the problem.

Has anyone out there (like Autodesk employees) found a solution to this yet?

Thanks,

Grant

Message 8 of 8
mollons
in reply to: grantg1976

Is there any way this could be due to your categories?

Some things to check:

- The property is checked for the category in which you have the file

- Can you manually add the property to the file using Actions > Add or Remove Property?

If the proprty is showing up after checking in the file brand new, then it probably has soemthing to do with the category.

- Was the property mapped to the category after the file was in the vault?

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report