Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pack and Go in Vault Professional 2012 PROBLEM!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
732 Views, 7 Replies

Pack and Go in Vault Professional 2012 PROBLEM!!

Hi everyone, 

I was hoping if someone could help me out with pack and go feature

Issue I am having is that if i use pack and go feature on inventor files, it maintains the folder structure in the directory that i specify in pack and go e.g. lets say i have an inventor dwg in vault stored at

prjoect explorer --> standard--->Test Folder---> inventor_file.dwg

If I now use pack and go and specify the the desitnation folder to be lets say C:\\Streamline

the pack and go then creates a compelete folder structure inside the folder C:\\ Streamline such that the inventor_file.dwg is located at  C:\\ Streamline\standard\Test Folder\ inventor_file.dwg

which is excellent and thats exactly what I want it to do BUT

If I have an Autocad Mechanical file(dwg or dwf) in

prjoect explorer --> standard--->Test Folder--->Autocadmechanical_file.dwg  and if then follow the same procedure and point pack and go to

C:\\Streamline expecting that it would copy the the file into C:\\ Streamline\standard\Test Folder\Autocadmechanical_file.dwg

instead it just copies it into the top folder  C:\\Streamline and does not create or duplicate the folder structure from the vault.

Can anyone please help me with I would greatly appreciate

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
luttena
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and thank you for posting this issue. I have reproduced it on my environment and reported the issue.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: luttena

Hi Adam,

We are seeing a similar problem running Pack and Go.  We are seeing the problem on a system running Inventor 2012 with W7-64bit and two disk drives - but NOT on one of our older systems running Inventor 2012 with 32bit-XP-pro and a single drive.

Has any solution been found for this issue?  We are using Pack&Go as a method of getting our Assemblies vaulted. 

It seem that on the W7-64 system, during the Autoloader portion of the our Vaulting process the Autoloader starts looking Outside the Pack&Go Project files Search Path.

Message 4 of 8
luttena

Hello,

I have followed up on this issue and I have been told that this is no longer reproducible on the 2013 release. If you find otherwise, please let us know.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Unacceptable answer!!!  This is a problem with new 2012 installation!  We do not have 2013, so I need it Fixed ion 2012.  We did not have this Problem in out previous Installatioon ...2009... YES. THIS IS THE REAL WORLD!

Message 6 of 8
luttena

I was not referring to the autoloader issue.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I have moved my issue to a Thread more related to the AutoLoader Issues.  reading between the lines - I think this is what should have been suggested - instead of saying the Issue was fixed in the unreleased 2013.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Autoloader-Issues/m-p/3238340/highlight/false#M39630

Message 8 of 8
luttena

Hello dblanchard,

Thank you for the follow-up. I think moving the autoloader issue is the appropriate thing to do.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report