Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override default file locations in Vault at initial check in?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pami.howell
273 Views, 1 Reply

Override default file locations in Vault at initial check in?

My inventor files are in a subfolder in my project folder so that my file structure on my hard drive looks like the following:

Designs

-Project A

-Inventor

-AutoCAD

-Documents

-Other

-Project B

-Inventor

-AutoCAD

-Documents

-Other

etc.

Through Autoloader I was able to choose to load ONLY the Inventor folder to load and rename the folder so that in the Vault my structure looks like:

Designs

-Project A (folder full of only inventor files)

-Project B (folder full of only inventor files)

This is what I wanted.  However, now when I create new files and load them in, I can't direct them to that folder directly, so what I get is:

Designs

-Project A (folder full of all inventor files added through autoloader)

-Inventor (folder full of all inventor files added subsequently through Inventor Add-in)

-Project B (folder full of all inventor files added through autoloader)

-Inventor (folder full of all inventor files added subsequently through Inventor Add-in)

I can't find a way through the add-in to redirect to the main folder - is there a way to do this or do I have to reload all of my files with the existing subfolder structure?

Also, if some of the files in Project B reference Project A files, is there a way that I can create a search path there?  It wants to upload duplicate files under Project B of Project A files.

Please help!

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: pami.howell

Hi,

You can do the following and that should take care of the 1st issue.

> I hope you have the project file (IPJ) under Designs\Project A. Move that to \Designs\Project A\Inventor

> Map the Project to $/Designs/Project A

Now what ever the new file you add under "\Designs\Project A\Inventor" will go to "$/Designs/Project A"

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report