Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation cannot be performed on a old version of the file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mthomas
389 Views, 2 Replies

Operation cannot be performed on a old version of the file

This seems to be a growing issue as we had one item with this issue last week, and now we're up to four. Using Vault Professional 2015

Initially it starts off as Error 1316 when attempting to update an item, but by WIP'ing all the children we are able to update the item. However when we go to change the state we get a "Bulk operation failed due to an old version being associated with the item. "

What I've noticed is that the wrong version of the assembly is being assigned to the item. I've removed the link and attempted to re-add it, but even though it shows the correct version during the search and selection phase of linking a file it attaches the wrong version.

Anyone else seen this? Its holding up change orders preventing us from releasing them

[I've logged this with Autodesk Tech Support last week but have not had a response - PID: 10140939]

Mike Thomas

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mthomas
in reply to: mthomas

The VLOG shows this when the error happens...

11/3/2014 2:42:09 PM *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635506225298166986 )
Exception: RestrictionsOccurred [1387]
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
   at Connectivity.Product.BusinessLogic.ItemBL.CheckRestrictionsByItemIterationIds(ProductRestrictionCodes[] restrictionCodes, Int64[] itemIterationIds)
   at Connectivity.Product.BusinessLogic.ItemBL.EditItemRevisions(Int64[] itemRevIds)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Product.Services.ItemService.EditItemRevisions(Int64[] itemRevIds)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.v19.ItemService.EditItems(Int64[] itemRevisionIds)
   at SyncInvokeEditItems(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Mike Thomas

Message 3 of 3
mark.cloyed
in reply to: mthomas

I have run across this issue as well.  What I am seeing is that when I run the item update command, the item still shows the previous file version associated with the item.  I have tried repeatedly saving and updating, but the update command does not seem to work.  I am running SP1 of VP2015.  Has a resolution been found for this?

Thanks,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report