Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening File format in Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
eskimolee
424 Views, 2 Replies

Opening File format in Vault

We have recently starting using Vault in our office and we all have several versions of CAD on our computer. I have AutoCAD 2012, AutoCAD Plant 3d, AutCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD Architectural. Plus TruView and Design review. When opening a drawing through Vault. It varies from being in Mechanical and Normal AutoCAD 2012.

Is there any way to set a default file from which to open as it is a nightmare. We only have so many licenses for the mechanical so if it starts to open in that then you have no idea if it will work or not until you try and then there is no other way to open it. I am sorry if this isn't clear I am atrocious at explaining things so just ask if there is anything needing clarified.

I will greatly appreciate any help.

Cheers,

EL

Give a little to get a lot
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: eskimolee

The quick and easy answer is that, prior to the 2014 release, Vault was not set up to open files directly form the Client interface.  You CAN do it,... but it is preferred that you "Open from Vault", through the CAD system's Vault plug in.  I have not played with 2014 yet, but I've read that opening files from within Vault is more friendly now.

Message 3 of 3
gaol
in reply to: eskimolee

Hi EL,

Vault don't support setting default open applications. It will open the file in the app which generated the file. If that app doen't exist on the machine, it will open the last used applications in your computer.

My suggestion is to use your desired application, and "Open" in vault add-in or goes to your working folders and open there(you can set windows default apps)

Thanks,
Lily

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report