Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open from vault, file opens, file not vaulted??

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ebuckner
230 Views, 4 Replies

Open from vault, file opens, file not vaulted??

this happens irregularly but here it is.

I open an assembly from the vault (a rather large assembly), the file is opened but it appears in the browser as un-vaulted.

Anyone seen this, know of a way to fix it without rebuilding the assembly?

Thanks,

Eric

SysSpecs
IV 2008Pro SP3 - PS2008 (Admin) - WinVistaBusiness64 SP1 - Xeon 4core 1.86GHz64
8GBRAM - NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600 (driver 7.15.11.6002 - 4/26/2007) 768MB
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jing.li
in reply to: ebuckner

Hi Eric,

Did you try to refresh the assembly in vault browser when you met this issue? Is this a specific data issue?

Thanks,
Scott
Message 3 of 5
ebuckner

Scott,

This is happening with one specific assembly now although it has happened before. Even the project is showing as un-vaulted.

I tried to refresh many times.
I did a copy design of the assembly and then opened the new assembly from the vault, still shows as un-vaulted.
I deleted the copy from the vault and then opened from local copy of the copy, still un-vaulted (as the top level should be but the children should be vaulted).
I placed a vault component (not one that was currently in the assembly) into the assembly and all children showed up as vaulted except library parts. Saved this copy and try to add to vault. No-can-do because library and project files are already in there.
'Save as' over the top of the original assembly and tried to refresh vault status, entire assembly became un-vaulted again.

This is a real pain even if it is rare.

Eric

Update - After placing a vaulted component (which isn't already in the assembly) and then refreshing the vault status I was able to add the copy assembly to the vault which I was able to over write the original with and then remove the new component. I now have a vaulted assembly. But when I open the idw the browser shows that the drawings and assembly are un-vaulted, try to add and it believes that the files are un-vaulted.... even though I have the assembly open and it's vaulted. I even checked out the drawings while it was opening (Productstream showed it as checked out). seriously confused now.

Save copy as of idw. refresh vault status, add, g2g. Save back over top of original and I now have a vaulted assembly and drawing.

Edited by: ebuckner on Mar 5, 2009 7:55 AM

Edited by: ebuckner on Mar 5, 2009 8:00 AM

Edited by: ebuckner on Mar 5, 2009 8:07 AM Edited by: ebuckner on Mar 5, 2009 8:12 AM
Message 4 of 5
olearya

Hi Eric,

This behavior seems to indicate ADMS performace issues, where large data sets (assemblies) will report false Vault status, such as not added, but if you open a smaller sub-assembly in the same Inventor session it will resolve correctly as Vaulted.

The best resolution here is to looking at defragmenting the database through the ADMS console, if you are running full SQL the advanced configuration guide will take you through a whole database maintenance plan which will typically help resolve these issues. Overall server performance, defragmentation may also help to a degree.

Changes in the Inventor add-in means that this issue is typically resolved in the 2009 release and beyond.

Hope this helps,

Allan (Autodesk)

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
ebuckner

Allan,

We have the 09 install on the schedule so maybe it isn't necessary to run the defrag. Thanks for the tip.

Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report