Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One or more lifecycle states could not be removed due to restrictions

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mthomas
356 Views, 2 Replies

One or more lifecycle states could not be removed due to restrictions

I have an existing file-based Lifecyle Definition that I would like to remove one of the states. I've searched Vault and do not find any files currently in this state. 

When I attempt to remove the state from the definition I get the message "One or more lifecycle states could not be removed due to restrictions". The restriction is "In use by the latest version of one or more revisions"

What can I do to locate these files? Other than restricting access to the state how can I remove it from the definition?

Mike

Mike Thomas

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: mthomas

Is the lifecycle in question assigned to any categories or used in any rules? Even if it's not on any files at the moment, if it's used anywhere at all, you'll be hosed until you clear those uses.

Message 3 of 3
mthomas
in reply to: cbenner

The Lifecycle Definition is associated with a Category, but there is nothing with the specific State except that its been used in the past. I figured I'd be out of luck, but figured I better ask.

I've configured the transition rules so that only the administrator can access these specific states. From the user end it appears the states have been removed.

Mike

Mike Thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report