Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 2010 Vault 2013 Ribbon empty after installation

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
koeltzsch
3776 Views, 13 Replies

Office 2010 Vault 2013 Ribbon empty after installation

Hi.

Using a windows 7 x64 computer with ms office 2010 (32bit) installed the following error occurs:

I uninstalled Product Design Suite Premium 2012 and installed Product Design Suite Premium 2013 including Vault Basic Client 2013. Also installed the latest 4 vault hotfixes.

After launching any office 2010 product (word, excel, outlook) it shows an empty Vault Ribbon Group. Even the Headline of the ribbon group is not displayed. The button inside the vault ribbon are there but not shown as icon. Its all only clean grey buttons. Some buttons can be pressed and work even fine, some not.

Already tried many times to uninstall and reinstall office addin feature from VAult-Client-Installation (also with different local Admin-Users), I cleaned registry and program and local appdata folders from previous vault client and  addin files/folders. I also tried with and without vault client hotfixes. But the error is still there ...

Any ideas?

thanks,

Danny 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
olearya
in reply to: koeltzsch

Hi Danny,

Have you seen this?:  http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2012/08/vault-office-addin-not-appearing-after-...

May be an issue with the older hotfix.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 14
Lynn2009

Hi Danny,

I have some questions here.

1, Which lanuage version of Vault basic client 2013 do you install?  English or others?
2, You said, "After launching any office 2010 product (word, excel, outlook) it shows an empty Vault Ribbon Group.", can you see an empty Vault Ribbon from OUTLOOK (or Powerponit)?   if from OutLook,  it is weird, since we only support word. excel and powerpoint add-in with Vault basic Office Add-in.  So do you have any other Vault Client installed? And could you attach a snapshot picture about the empty vault Ribbon?

Regards

Lynn

Message 4 of 14
koeltzsch

Hi everybody,

Have you seen this?: http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2012/08/vault-office-addin-not-appearing-after...

--> Yes I read this issue but is not relevant for me because DL19837065 never was installed. And DL20133057 is installed as I attached now a screenshot from installed hotfixes.
Beyond it is not that described malfunction.

It is installed the Vault Basic Client 2013 German from Product Design Suite 2013 German on a Windows 7 64bit SP1 platform.

Sorry - was my mistake. Of course I mean word, excel, powerpoint. (not Outlook!)

It is used Office 2010 32bit.

I attached several screenshots.

I also read: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=11057745&linkID=9242018

But this didn't deliver any helpful proposals for the posted issue here I think. 

Thanks,

Danny

Message 5 of 14
koeltzsch

ps.

We face a similar issue here with Office 2003 32bit installation on the same platform clients (also Win7 x64).

The Vault 2013 addin doesn't work either with this, see attached file error_vault-2013_Office-2003.png

It displays many error dialogs (empty!) during launch of word - after clicking OK, word is ready but has an empty Vault Addin Toolbar.

But let's concentrate on the more important Office 2010 issue.

Overall, may it be that Vault Basic 2013 x64 on Win7 X64 is incompatible with Office 2010 x86 ??

Should not - but I will try on one machine using Office 2010 x64 and reinstalling Vault with x64 Addin.

But as far as I know even Microsoft is recommending Office 2010 in 32bit mode.

We'll see...

Thanks,

Danny

Message 6 of 14
Lynn2009

Hi Danny,

Thanks very much for your reply.  with vault basic 2013,  we do support 32 bit office 2003/2007/2010 and 64 bit Office 2010 Add-ins.

We are able to reproduce this issue, and working on the fix.  Please stay tuned.

Regards

Lynn

Message 7 of 14
koeltzsch
in reply to: Lynn2009

Hi,

OK - thanks! Some addition:

If using Office 2010 32bit on Win 7 32bit with Vault Basic 2013 32bit and 32bit-Office Addin everything works fine.

Using a pure 64bit constellation of all components it's also working fine.

The Bug may only be in combination of Vault Basic 2013 64bit on a Win 7 64bit platform running an Office 2010 32bit.

But one thing is still strange:

If using such a pure 64bit environment the setup of Vault Basic 2013 (from Product Design Suite Premium 2013 x64) only shows a 32bit Office Addin in the setup feature list - see attached picture. This does not seem to be correct.

But after installation it works...

By the way, when creating a deployment there are even 2 entries in the Vault Basic 2013 feature list named identical, something like "... Office Addin (32bit) ...". I used both checkboxes selected even it's wired.

Maybe only a matter of description, don't know.

Regards,

Danny

Message 8 of 14
Lynn2009

Hi Danny,

You are correct. The empty ribbon issue only occurs in 32 bit office Add-ins in 64bit OS with localization (non-english) Vault Client 2013. We are working on it.  and for 64bit office on 64 bit OS,  the office Add-in works.

and we also fiind that,  in the feature list of install configuration page,  "MS Office Add-In (64-bit)" was shown as "MS Office Add-In (32-bit)", it is a localization issue and we have logged a defect about it.  and actually, if you check that, it will install 64 bit office Add-in.   Thanks so much for your feedback.  and sorry for the inconvenience

Regards

Lynn

Message 9 of 14
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Lynn2009

Here is how you can solve this issue.

Vault Basic Office add-in tab cannot display correctly in Microsoft office 32 bit on a Windows 64 bit environment.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=20374319&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 10 of 14

We had some missing information in the previous solution. The updated one is available in the following link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=20374319&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 14
koeltzsch
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi All,

unfortunately the issue persists if you consider (at least) Vault Workgroup 2013 64bit (on Win7 64bit) combined with Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 (32bit). The Vault COM Addin inside Outlook options is there but cannot be activated.

The hotfix only solves the issue as described for Vault Basic. Obviously not for Workgroup / Collaboration / Professional.

Can you please check this. Thanks.

Regards,

Danny

Message 12 of 14
Senthil_Kumar

Hi Danny,

We tested the following scenario and we are not able to reproduce the issue. Are we missing any specific step / information? Please let us know.

This is the scenario we have tested:

1. German Win7 Ult X64 SP1
2. Microsoft Outlook 2010 32bit.
3. Autodesk Vault Workgroup 2013 Client & Server.

The Vault COM Add-in inside Outlook options is there and also can be activated, please refer to attached screenshot.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 14
koeltzsch

Hi,

ok thanks.

I check the issue also once again and we detected that the order of isntallation was mixed.

So if Office is re-installed once after vault workgroup already was installed one have to repair the vault installation by removing and adding the MS Outlook Addin (see attached picture). It is strange that the Outlook Addin is listed twice inside the feature list.

I guess this doubled entry in the feature list comes out of the vault workgroup installation image which includes this.

So finally it runs - so its OK.

Regards,

Danny

Message 14 of 14
gaol

Hi Danny,

Glad to know your problem solved.

For the “double presence of Outlook add-in”, is there possible user used to have one office add-in version installed but now should be no used now.

For example, you used to have office 2010 and add-in, then uninstall office 2010 and install office 2007?

Thanks,
Lily

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report