Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object - Job Server Queue Error

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
jweiss1313
5328 Views, 14 Replies

Object reference not set to an instance of an object - Job Server Queue Error

We are new Autodesk Vault Professional 2011 users. (Only two weeks).  I have an Inventor 2011 assembly file that throws an error in the Job Server Queue.  The assembly in in the Work In Progress state and its components are a mixed of Released, WIP and For Review.  I can check the file out and open it in Inventor and select the Export command and create a dwf file.  I also get an error when trying to create the dwf file locally using the Vault client.

Does anyone have an idea what this error means and how do I fix this issue.

Thanks

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: jweiss1313

John,

Have you noticed this with just a single file?

If so, how large is the file?

If the file is larger than 30 MB, what OS is hosting the Vault server?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 15
jweiss1313
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hi Andy,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I've been having issues connecting to the Autodesk discussion groups the past week. The issue seems to be a single file that is 600KB in size.  The Vault server is running on Microsoft Server 2008 SP2 x32.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 15
Andy.Spivey

John,

If it is a single file, can I have you upload it for review?  I can create a 1:1 ticket as you are on subscription so you do not need to post the file on the discussion group (unless you wish to do that). 

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 15
Andy.Spivey

To close the loop on this thread - the file generating the error had been renamed and there was an outstanding DWF file still in the vault.  Once the old DWF was deleted, the file showing the error in the job processor was able to be processed without error.

Nice catch John!

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 6 of 15
scottmoyse

andy cheers for making the effort to come back and post the results, a lot of people dont

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 7 of 15
mbodnar

Hi Andy

I have a replicated environment (Vault Collaboration 2012 SP1, Windows 2003, SQL 2008) where on one site  2 Vault clients show this error when submitting jobs to Job processor. Previosuly the error did not exist and Job processor was working OK

At the other sites, this error doesnt occur.

Also when attempting to update DWF manually thru Vault Explorer, the system show error "An error was returned while attempting to create the visualization file. The visualization file was not created"

Account logged is is Admin and has full access to modify files

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve the error. I re-installed the vault client but error still comes up.

This happens on all of the files from the two clients from one site ONLY.

I have raised a support ticket with Autodesk but have had no solution as yet

thanks in advance

Max Bodnar

Message 8 of 15
mbodnar

Sorry forgot to mention using Inventor 2011 SP2 on Windows XP64

I just tried a third client at the same site where the other 2 are having the error, and the third client works OK

The only thing that is different between the 2 clients that dont work and the client that does work, is the 2 clients have some additional Vault custom tools installed from the "Cracking the vault website" (lifecycle status and copy hyperlinks)

regards

Max Bodnar

Message 9 of 15
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: mbodnar

Max,

On the site with the issue, can you locally create a DWF file (not through the job processor, but through the Vault Client - Local update command?)

Does it complete successfully?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 10 of 15
mbodnar

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply. Yes I can create DWF's manually and thru job processor on the other sites.

Even on the site where it doesnt work under one windows user profile (user A on machine A), logging into widows with user B on machine A appears to work. I logged into the machine that has the same problem (machine B) but neither account A or B works.

I also deleted and recreated profile for user A on machine A, but I still get the error

This is the error that shows up in the event viewer

Error 17-Jan-12 1:02:36 PM
Job 220000000356 Autodesk.Vault.DWF.Create.ipt : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DWFGenerator.InventorSelector.IsInventorLT()
   at DWFGenerator.InventorDWFEngine.IsSupportedFile(String fileFullName)
   at DWFGenerator.DWFCreateCenter.CreateDWF(String srcPath, String destDWFPath, ArrayList layoutList)
   at DWFGenerator.DWFCreateCenter.CreateDWFFile(String srcPath, Int64 inventorVersion, SourceDocumentTypeEnum docType)
   at Connectivity.Request.ExtensionHandler.Inventor.Internal.UpdateViewExtensionHandler.Connectivity.Request.Document.Currency.ExtensionHandler.IUpdateViewExtensionHandler.CreateDwfFile(RequestContext rContext, FileOperationRecord file, String workingFolder)
   at Connectivity.Request.Document.Request.ExtensionHandler.UpdateView.CreateDwfFile.Execute(RequestContext rContext)
   at Connectivity.Request.Common.CommonRequest`1.ExecuteRequest(RequestContext rContext)
   at Connectivity.Request.Runtime.RequestExecutor.Execute(IRequest req, RequestInstance reqInstance)
   at Connectivity.Request.Runtime.RequestExecutor.Execute(IRequest req)
   at Connectivity.Explorer.Document.ViewModel.UpdateViewContextExtensions.CreateDwfFile(UpdateViewContext context, FileOperationRecord file, String workingFolder, String publishOptionsXml)
   at Connectivity.Explorer.Document.ViewModel.UpdateView.CreateDwfImpl()
   at Connectivity.Explorer.Document.ViewModel.UpdateView.CreateDwf(Boolean& isCancelled)
   at Connectivity.Explorer.JobHandlerDwfPublish.InventorDwfJobHandler.Execute(IJobProcessorServices context, IJob job)

Regards

Max Bodnar

Message 11 of 15
mbodnar

I dont think the Vault custom tools have any effect, I un-installed them and Job Processor error continues to exist

Regards

Max Bodnar

Message 12 of 15
Andy.Spivey

You noted above that there was a ticket currently logged with support, can you PM me the # for review to try to help?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 13 of 15
mbodnar

Hi Andy

It would be great if you could assist, case no is 06862582

regards

Max Bodnar

Message 14 of 15
shelmore

This might not apply to this specific case, but I was having similar errors. I noticed that our server was running two copies of job processor (under different user accounts), so I killed one and the problems went away. I had a tried a number of other things, but after reducing the number of instances to one, everything worked correctly.

Message 15 of 15
mbodnar

Hi

In this instance, we found that the JP and the manual Update from Vault Explorer would not work until we removed Vault SP1. Once SP1 was removed, both the JP and the manual update work

Max Bodnar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report