Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not checking in all files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mies07
283 Views, 3 Replies

Not checking in all files

Using Inventor Professional 2014 SP1, Vault Basic Client 2014. w/ virtual 2014 server installed locally.

Also have side by side install of Inv Pro 2015, Vault Basic Client 2015 update 1 w/ virtual 2015 server installed locally.

This issue has caused me much grief and much re-work and lost time.

I am using Inv 2014 because work environment is 2014.

For some reason when I check in an assembly thru Inv 2014 that has children files (such as a skeleton ipt) it does not include all children, despite the fact that the list of files to be checked in includes the children. I can tell this because the "comments" (enter comments to include with this version) is not updating to show the new comment; nor is the check in date/time updating.

Thus, when refreshing files or trying to revert back to a previous version of a file or assembly, I am "getting" a mixed bag of truly recently checked in files and older versions that should have been checked in with the master assembly but instead are older versions

Another odd thing is that when checking in through Inv 2014, it is checking it in to BOTH the 2014 and 2015 vaults - but no dates are shown in the "checked in" column in the 2015 Vault.

Please see attached screen shots.

Any help appreciated. If I have to re-install all this stuff I will make it my life's mission to ensure that somone's life at Autodesk will become, shall we say, "interesting"...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neil_Cross
in reply to: mies07

Hey.  Looks like there's a number of issues going on there, I'll try and make sense of it all but in the first instance I'm confused looking at your screen shot.

The 2015 Vault screen shot where you're pointing at the no dates bit, those files are still checked out? Anything in blue bold font with a tick in the status column means it's checked out, if it's checked out there can't be a checked in date? 

Regarding the issue of checking into 2 different Vaults at once, don't shout at me but as far as I know that's technicall impossible Smiley Frustrated there's probably thousands of people who'd love to know how to do that though!

Within Inventor 2014 & 2015, go to Connection Status and see which Vault that version of Inventor is checking into? Both versions should be set to connect to a different ADMS server.  Apologies if you've been through all this.

01-12-2014 09-27-54.png

Message 3 of 4
mies07
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Thanks for reply!

I assure you checking in files to both 2014 and 2015 Vaults simultaneously is possible - see below:

Regarding 2015 Vault not showing dates, I discovered I had "hide hidden files" tuned on (which controls display of dwf's, etc):

Check In Error2.JPG

Message 4 of 4
Neil_Cross
in reply to: mies07

Sincere apologies if this potentially insults your intelligence...! But are your two Vault clients not logged into the same Vault server?

Can you send a screen print of both full client windows, including the text at the bottom right showing the server and vault name?

Example:

01-12-2014 12-41-58.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report