Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able To Reinstall Vault 2013

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
1068 Views, 21 Replies

Not Able To Reinstall Vault 2013

I am not able to reinstall vault 2013 basic, it was installed in the wrong location and deleted. They did not delete properly with add remove they just grabbed files and deleted.

So when I go to reinstall it it shows a check mark and says it is installed already. I have done a search and deleted any remaining files I can find but with no luck. It still shows a check mark saying it is already installed........

So I have no vault at this point and will need help on Tuesday getting this up and running (yes 4 day weekend Smiley Happy )

Any and all help is appreciated

-Jim

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Anybody???????

Message 3 of 22
JamesMcMullen

Hi Jim,

Where you using SQL Express or full SQL?  I am thinking the database is somehow still on your system and because it is there and at 2013 already it is blocking the install.  When you go to <Program Files>\Autodesk, do you see anything in regards to Vault?  In the SQL directory, do you see "KnowledgeVaultMaster" or "Vault" / "Vault that you created" listed as a database?

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

I am now gettign this

the account autodeskvault already exists please change it

Message 5 of 22
JamesMcMullen

That is a user that our installer puts down.  Since you are doing a reinstall, I would just delete the user and have the installer recreate the user.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous

Ok got that now it is failing with  the user “sa” and password “*******”

Message 7 of 22
JamesMcMullen

Did you change the "sa" password?  If not the default can be found on the wiki: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0206-Autodesk206/0210-About_Yo210/0238-Installi238/...

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous

ok it is failed connecting to Sql Server - 'server=localhost\AutodeskVault; user id=sa;password=********

i think that is because the AutodeskVault was deleted

Message 9 of 22
JamesMcMullen

The AutodeskVault was a user and deleting them will be alright since the installer will put that user back on the machine for you.  The AutodeskVault instance should still exist since we didn't delete that.  What version of SQL are you running?  Can you log into it using the SQL Server Manager Studio?

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

we have 2005 and 2008 on this machine using 2008. i am in the sql server config mgr and can click on protocals for autodeskvault

shared memory enabled

named pipes disabled

tcp/ip disabled

via disabled

Message 11 of 22
JamesMcMullen

Ok...  if you are able to log into that, you should be able to type in the SA password that you used in the installer or reset it if you have forgotten it.  If it is the default sa password, you would normally just keep the checkbox checked like you have it and it would throw the error you are seeing if it was not the default.  So to me it sounds like you changed the default sa password which is great for a security standpoint, you just have to enter it in during the install process.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous

also showing that the sql server (autodeskvault) is stopped

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous

how do i reset?

Message 14 of 22
JamesMcMullen

I do not think that will make a difference.  What error are you currently seeing?  The last one you called out should be resovled when you enter the proper sa password. 

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 15 of 22

What are you looking at resetting?  By them removing the server improperly (not via add/remove programs) as you mentioned, we are pretty much doing that now 🙂 

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous

if password was changed have no idea to what

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous

Failed connecting to Sql Server

Message 18 of 22
JamesMcMullen

Open up the Services from the Administrator area inside the Windows OS and let's start the AutodeskVault instance.  I would suggest changing the sa but that will probably kill your other SQL applications.

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous

Click on it and click start and it cannot find the path specified...
Message 20 of 22
JamesMcMullen

Unfortunately at this point, I am going to have to punt you to customer support.  The only other thing I can think of is totally removing the AutodeskVault instance.  But that will not work since it will install SQL Express on you and you have a full SQL version.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report