Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option to log in to Vault 2012 from Inventor 2012

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
desidubajic
1947 Views, 11 Replies

No option to log in to Vault 2012 from Inventor 2012

As of this morning when I open Inventor I am not logged in to Vault nor do I have an option to log in to Vault. Everything has worked fine since we upgraded to Inventor 2012 and Vault Professional 2012, that is until this morning. I have changed nothing. My computer did do an update when I shut it down, so I am guessing there were some Microsoft Updates that ocurred last night. Windows 7 professional 64bit Inventor Ultimate 2012 (Networked) Vault Proffessional 2012 I repaired, reinstalled, uninstalled and re-reinstalled both Inventor and Vault Client to no avail. Other users seem to have no such problem, including one other user on Windows 7 AutoCAD and AutoCAD Mechanical both can access vault through their add-ins. However neither Inventor, nor Microsoft Office are capable (nor offer the option) of logging in to Vault through their add-ins. I'm baffled? Anyone else with this issue?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
chearhuat
in reply to: desidubajic

Hi desidubajic,

Currently, we do not support Office 2010 x64, you may refer to this discussion thread for more insight.

Regards,
Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 12
chearhuat

Hi desidubajic,

I'm hesitating to ask you to try repair again, and ensuring you repair Vault only.

Let us know your result then...

Regards,

Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 12
desidubajic
in reply to: chearhuat

The main concern was not having the option to log in from Inventor. (I actually have Microsoft Office 2003 32bit) on my 64bit machine. I found a solution, although I have no idea why it was a problem. There is a file in the users folder that is normally hidden. This file contains the login information that Inventor uses to log in to Vault. (I had the AutoLogon option checked). I deleted this file and sure enough the next time I ran Inventor the option to Log In was suddenly available and all is well again.
Message 5 of 12
desidubajic

I actually completely uninstalled and installed the software serveral times. Our I.T. even did a restore from last week to no avail. It was only after I deleted this (apparently corrupted) file that I had access to the Vault Add-In through Inventor.
Message 6 of 12
nstevelmans

Hi There,

i am glad to see i am not the only one whit this problem.

can you give met the exact name of the folder so i can delete it.

thanks

Message 7 of 12
chearhuat

Hi desidubajic,

The file is located in %appdata% folder, this is the path:

%appdata%\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2012\Objects

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2012\Objects\Preferences.xml

Do backup the file before deleting it, as it stored all the local vault environment settings, eg. customisation to the column width in Vault Client, etc.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12
m.numberger

Hello,

do you see the icon to log in or does it looks like this: http://ww3.cad.de/foren/ubb/Forum293/HTML/000718.shtml#000003 ?

If you couldn't see it, it is be possible that you habve the same problem like i had with Inventor/Vault2011.

You have to go to the Addin-Manager and enable the vault-addin an the click with the right mouse-button an then enable the hidden addins. The you can enable the "EDM Addin".

Best regards

Michael

Message 9 of 12
nstevelmans

Spoiler
hello we checked the hidden add-in edm but no luck still all is greyed out

Message 10 of 12
nstevelmans
in reply to: m.numberger

oops

Hello we checked the hidden add-in edm but no luck still all is grayed out

i have no idea what this can be.

- reinstall Vault 2012 (clean install deleted all folders en reg keys)
- checked the add-ins (hidden)

- try to register the add-i again

but no luck
Message 11 of 12
nstevelmans

Okay,

problem solved........

vault project was switched to single user...........

thanks everyone for the support

Message 12 of 12
Mark_Wigan

BUMP, for the attention of Autodesk

thanks desidubajic you have helped me today!

... having had a meltdown of Vault Add-ins from inside Inventor 2012 today for no apparent reason, and having searched Autodesk supporting documentation (see note 1 and 2 below) , various solutions and recommendations, carry out of uninstall, reinstalls of inventor and vault  to no avail etc) i discovered that none of the documentation i found was able to remedy the situation for me until this simple 1 minute fix was discovered.

i wonder if Autodesk would like to add this little bit of magic to one of these following pages?

1. page of interest, no help for 2012 and onwards:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13404176&linkID=9242018

2. another page of interest, no help for 2012 onwards;

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13909656&linkID=9242018

as a closing note, i wonder if this is worth some investigation as far as Autodesk having some supporting resources? eg we had an addin repair utility available pre 2012. would it be worth someone putting in some effort on this specific topic to make a similar utility for 2012 and onwards?

many thanks.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report