Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No files!

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mthomas
1028 Views, 11 Replies

No files!

Here's a new one, and I have no idea what to do...

In my Vault I no longer can see or select files. Items and Change Orders seem to be ok but the grid is completely blank whenever I am looking for files. In fact when I do a search I see the 100 of 921 but nothing appears

I tried a complete uninstall including removing the program files, program data, and roaming user information and the registry items. After a reinstall the problem persists.

ideas or suggestions?

Mike Thomas

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
john.laidler
in reply to: mthomas

Are there any documents in those sub-folders?

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 12
smilinger

Do you have .net framework 4.5 installed?

If so, uninstall it, Vault is not compatible with it.

Message 4 of 12
luttena

Good morning Mike. I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. A few questions for you:

1. Has anything change in your security settings? Or possibly the folder security?

2. I see you have 'default view' selected (custom view field). Is it possible that was edited to filter out files?

3. You mentioned the first page of search results showing blank. Can you load the rest of the pages and verify that you aren't seeing files for all pages? It sounds like the search is returning the results but object based security (OBS) is preventing you from seeing the files.

Let me know,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
mthomas
in reply to: smilinger

it was the 4.5 framework, where it came from I don't know because I don't remember installing it or having another application install it. So I uninstalled 4.5 and reinstalled the Vault Client (which installed .net framework 4.0) and now my files have returned!

So thanks to everyone for the suggestions, I never thought I'd be so happy to see files!

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 6 of 12
Generic

Does this mean that Visual Studio 2012 and Vault 2013 can't be installed on the same OS then?

I just did a reinstall of my machine w/ latest versions of all the software, only to run into this issue myself.

Message 7 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Generic

it doesn't look like it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
mthomas
in reply to: DarrenP

I uninstalled 4.5 and framework 4.0 was installed during the Vault install. I haven't done a lot with Visual Studio 2012 but the couple projects I had compiled and are working.

Mike Thomas

Message 9 of 12
Generic

Thank you.

I was worried that NET4.5 was somehow integral to VS2012. It sounds like that is not the case.

Message 10 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Generic

thats what i thought too

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
DarrenP

vault 2013 sp1 is supposed to fix this issue with .net 4.5: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341

read the read me first before installing it

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
Generic

Thank you kindly for the follow up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report