Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Vault Library

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jerr72
417 Views, 7 Replies

New Vault Library

What is the process for adding a new Library to Vault ?  The library must be located on the Server.  I have created one, but now the copy design feature does not work.  I get a HRESULT 0x8000040005 error .

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: jerr72

Are you trying to populate the new library with copy design?  Does copy design fail all the time or in the context of certain files or libraries?  Adding a new library to the vault depends on the library.  There is a process for importing an already existing one and there is a process for creating an empty one.  Here is a link to the wiki that might help you out:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0098-Autodesk98/0109-Manage_C109

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 8
jerr72

I am creating a new library.  It is after the library was created that copy disign does not work.  I am not using copy design to populate the library.  I use copy design to copy an existing project to reuse elswhere.

Message 4 of 8
JamesMcMullen

Interesting...  Can you tell me what version of Vault you are using so I can attempt to reproduce the problem here?  Also, what type of OS are you using?

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 5 of 8
jerr72

It is version 2010 standard. 

Message 6 of 8
JamesMcMullen

I am not quite sure on what version 2010 standard means.  Is that Vault 2010 (Basic), Vault 2010 Workgroup, Vault 2010 Collaboration, or Vault 2010 Professional?  Also, what OS are you using?  I am assuming you mean Vault 2010 (Basic) and are probably running Windows 7.  But, I want to double check.

Thanks,

Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 7 of 8
jerr72
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

It is Vault Basic - Windows 7 64.
Message 8 of 8
JamesMcMullen

Thanks...  I will attempt to set aside time today to create the environment and attempt to reproduce the issue.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report