Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hotfixes Available

105 REPLIES 105
Message 1 of 106
jeremy_lambert
9128 Views, 105 Replies

New Hotfixes Available

All,

We (the Vault team) would like to make the group aware of a new hotfix that we just released to the support page.  You can download the hotfix here for 2012, 2011 and 2010. 

2012 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480860&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

2011 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480822&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

2010 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480586&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

This latest hotfix addresses a number of potential issues around property synchronization, copy design, permissions as well as some cumulative updates depending upon the release.

One important fix addresses a recently discovered issue with the Purge command that has affected a limited group of customers. In some cases, the Purge command has left some unresolved file references, resulting in an unresolved reference dialog or incomplete where-used results.

While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that our customers discontinue use of the Purge command, and have included technology within the latest hotfix that restricts and reduces the impact of the Purge command. 

Please continue to monitor this newsgroup thread to learn more about additional software updates as they become available. 

Kindest regards,

Jeremy Lambert

Jeremy Lambert
Sr. Product Line Manager
Data Management Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

105 REPLIES 105
Message 61 of 106
magnus.damgren
in reply to: olearya

Hi Allan.

We are not angry, but our customers are geting more and more frustraded every day. Some of them are now activly even looking for alternativs to Vault, due to the fact that they can not get this work properly.

I've asked before and I do it again. Is ther ANYTHING we can do or help you with to increase the speed of this fix? 

Message 62 of 106
tech
in reply to: magnus.damgren

Ditto
Message 63 of 106
Pacetech

At this point are there any workarounds?

How about setting up a 2nd vault server and start moving over files from one to the other.

I realize you are probably working hard to release a stable version, but at some point, you have to start offering contingency plans or workarounds for us before we hit the vault cliff.

Inventor 2013 Professional 64 bit SP 1.1
DELL T3500
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz, 12 Gb DDR3 RAM
Geforce GTX 460 Graphics 2048 MBytes
Message 64 of 106
olearya
in reply to: Pacetech

Hi Graeme et al,

Once again we do feel your pain, we treat this as a very high priority and have applied resources accordingly to ensure any resolution is available as quickly as possible. We also completely understand that for a handful of users this current software limitation could become a serious problem.

There is no "quick fix" workaround I can offer to the greater issue here but I would certainly suggest if your Vault footprint is reaching critical mass (or the "cliff") you reach out to Autodesk through the typical support channels so we can identify and look at any additional assistance the product team can offer on a case by case basis.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 65 of 106
workplane

Hi Allan,

What is bothering me.

Autodesk roll out a new version, and ist doesn't work properly.

Why didn't you stay with the current version?

The current (2012) version works fine.

and you can allways switch to a new version when it works.

Now a lot off customers have major problems.

I think Your Company (Deparment) did make a bad decision.

you give your problems to the customers.

Was it a comercial decision to keep up with (pro engineer, solid edge, solid works, Hi cad)?

Or was it a technical decesion?

Workplane

Message 66 of 106
JohnHuber
in reply to: workplane

All,

Please note that 2012 SP2 and 2013 SP1 have now been released...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9261341

Thank you so much for your patience.

Regards,

John Huber
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 67 of 106
workplane

Hi,

this morning I updated the vault and client.

I still got a error 303 when i want to purge some files.

workplane

Message 68 of 106
achintam

Hello,

Purge functionality is not automatically enabled by the Service Pack.  It must be enabled by a Vault Administrator by accessing ADMS Console.  It is strongly recommended to run the Reference Repair Utility (that is installed by the Service Pack) to identify and repair any missing references before enabling Purge.

Purge can be enabled on a given vault, by invoking the Purge command from ADMS Console.

For more information on this topic, please refer to the related content on the Wiki:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0190-Referenc209

Thanks

Anil Chintamaneni (Autodesk) 

Message 69 of 106
achintam
in reply to: achintam

I would like to add to my above post that error 303 will be displayed when user attempt to perform Purge from Vault Client after installing the latest Service Pack, while the Purge functionality is disabled.

Thanks

Message 70 of 106
workplane

Hi, Purge fuctonality works.

Gr. Workplane

Message 71 of 106
n.saremba
in reply to: JohnHuber

Hello,

did anybody listen to the Readme?
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/readme_vault2012_update2.htm

1. Client installation

2. Server Update2 Installation

3. Database Update

4. Rebuild Search Indexes

ok, we have done, and then?

Summary of Issues Addressed

Enable Purge:  ...Before enabling Purge on existing vaults, it is strongly recommended to run Autodesk Reference Repair Utility on those vaults and repair any references that are identified by the utility as missing from specific parent file versions.

How should this work?

1. The Reference Repair Utility needs approx 2 month to analyse our Vault (700.000 files, 430 GB)

2. We should repair references that will be purged subsequently?

3. Has anybody seen any result of Reference Repair Utility?

Example:

Parent_Missing_Ref    M11602110010066N-W.dwg

Parent Version             42

Ref_In_File                  M11602110010066N-W.iam

Matching_Ref_in_Vault ???

Ref_Version                  ???

Latest Version              56

Parent_Missing_Ref    M11602110010087N-W.iam

Parent Version             18

Ref_In_File                  M11602220010068N-W.iam

Matching_Ref_in_Vault ???

Ref_Version                  ???

Latest Version               57

etc.

This makes definitely no sense?

We want to have the exactly workaround for performing Update 2.

In time we have updated our Vault backup on a test server and we have purged it.

After that we have made a overnight job with Reference Repair Utility on one of hundreds assembly groups with the shown results above.

Please help, Norbert

Norbert Saremba
CAD Manager

IKN GmbH
Ingenieurbuero Kuehlerbau Neustadt, Germany
Message 72 of 106
mollons
in reply to: n.saremba

Please see mroe detailed help on the utlity on the WIKI

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0190-Referenc209

Scott Mollon
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 73 of 106
olearya
in reply to: mollons

Please note too there is a high level video walkthrough, explaining the repair process under the main Wiki topic here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0097-Administ97/0190-Referenc209/0210-Walkthro210 

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 74 of 106
n.saremba

I think there you have misunderstood me Smiley Sad
It's not about how I run the Repair Reference, but when.
The readme for Update 2, is that it should be executed strictly before the first purging.

Norbert Saremba
CAD Manager

IKN GmbH
Message 75 of 106
achintam

Hello,

Yes, before you start using Purge, we strongly reommend that you run the Reference Repair Utility and repair any missing references the utility may find.

Thanks

Message 76 of 106
n.saremba
in reply to: achintam

Has anyone of you an idea what time it will be handled Repair Reference?
1st  The run in our case would be extrapolated 2 months.
2nd The repair would have to be added manually in the list (time?)
3rd  When everything is repaired, then I purge the vault and all that I have repaired for weeks is cleared by the purging?

What is the real reason that Autodesk says it all references necessarily be repaired before the purging?
Can someone explain to me? We have no logical explanation for it.

Norbert Saremba
CAD Manager

IKN GmbH
Message 77 of 106
olearya

As described in the thread the issue we are resolving relates to missing references which could eventually become incorrectly eligible for purge.

If you continue to purge without identifying and repairing these missing references you risk purging required files. This is why we advise completing the repair process first.

In terms of the time taken to repair,  if you have multiple vaults you can repair files that have missing references in one vault first, turn on Purge on that vault and move on to next vault.  You can also speed up the scanning process by running the Reference Repair Utility on multiple Client workstations and scanning different folders at the same time.  Please note that with this approach, you will essentially be tying up each machine for the time taken to run that scan and consume a license in the case of “paid for” versions.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 78 of 106
n.saremba

Thank you, we looked at the video.
We hope that no one has such a vault which you have presented. Our Vault is configured on Unique Filenames.

The recent scans run on all errors. We obtain any XML file.

Incidentally, this is unreasonable workaround anyone.

That has shown us that we will do that in no case, too.
We will synchronize the local file store (with Get Latest) then we will consider purging after Update 2 on the server.

Norbert Saremba
CAD Manager

IKN GmbH
Message 79 of 106
guyh

Am I correct in thinking that the issue still exists for those of us using Vault 2011?

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 80 of 106
swalton

We are on Vault 2012 Collaboration.  The help wiki says that Vault workgroup and above will automatically repair dangling references under certain conditions and that a manual repair process will be required for files that do not meet those requirements. 

How do I know if the automatic repair was successful?

How do I know if I need to run the manual repair utility?

How do I know when I can enable purge?

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report