Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hotfixes Available

105 REPLIES 105
Message 1 of 106
jeremy_lambert
9127 Views, 105 Replies

New Hotfixes Available

All,

We (the Vault team) would like to make the group aware of a new hotfix that we just released to the support page.  You can download the hotfix here for 2012, 2011 and 2010. 

2012 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480860&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

2011 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480822&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

2010 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480586&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

This latest hotfix addresses a number of potential issues around property synchronization, copy design, permissions as well as some cumulative updates depending upon the release.

One important fix addresses a recently discovered issue with the Purge command that has affected a limited group of customers. In some cases, the Purge command has left some unresolved file references, resulting in an unresolved reference dialog or incomplete where-used results.

While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that our customers discontinue use of the Purge command, and have included technology within the latest hotfix that restricts and reduces the impact of the Purge command. 

Please continue to monitor this newsgroup thread to learn more about additional software updates as they become available. 

Kindest regards,

Jeremy Lambert

Jeremy Lambert
Sr. Product Line Manager
Data Management Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

105 REPLIES 105
Message 41 of 106
olearya
in reply to: r_clausing

Hey all,

There have been a number of requests for updates and we wanted to provide some more information.  The product group has been working diligently towards providing a solution to this issue.  As you know we’ve released a hotfix including technology that restricts and reduces the impact of the Purge command. 

Our next step in this process is to release an update which will reduce the restrictions against the purge command.  We will begin with an initial release of an update targeted for this fall.

Further updates to this schedule and details on the fixes will be made available as they are confirmed and posted here.

Again the Vault team thanks you for your patience as we work through any issues and ensure we provide you with the best possible outcomes.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 42 of 106
karthur1
in reply to: olearya

@olearya wrote:

... As you know we’ve released a hotfix including technology that restricts and reduces the impact of the Purge command......

Allan,

I looked at the updates for 2013 and did not see anything related to "Purge", but maybe I overlooked it.  Can you tell us what the DL number is for this update? 

Thanks

Message 43 of 106
olearya

Hey Kirk,

The purge restriction was integrated with 2013 RTM so no further update.

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 44 of 106
Raider_71

Hi sorry just to clear something up. What exactly is the restriction? We are in the processs of migrating from Vault pro 2011 to 2013. I have installed a test server with Vault pro 2013 and restored our latest vault 2011 backup on it. I noticed that the purge commend is still active in Vault pro 2013 and that you can actually execute it as well. After execusion its actually running and you can stop the process as well. What is it actually doing then because i was under the impression that the purge command was disabled?

Thanks

Pieter

Message 45 of 106
Greatwhitenorth

@olearya wrote:

Our next step in this process is to release an update which will reduce the restrictions against the purge command. We will begin with an initial release of an update targeted for this fall.

Hi.  How's this going?  We're in the fall now. 

Message 46 of 106
olearya
in reply to: Greatwhitenorth

Hi Bob, 

No update as yet, we are on target for delivery in fall and will hopefully have more fixed dates soon.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 47 of 106
Clarkeng09

Hi Allen,

We are going to be upgrading to 2013 server here shortly,  I would like to be able to run a purge before that so I don't have as many files to migrate.  Our database is at about 9GB and the file store is 160GB.  Do you have any more of a time frame for when that will be functioning again so I can plan when to take the server offline.

Thanks,

Steve

Windows 7 x64 -24 GB Ram
Intel i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz
nVidia Quadro K5000M - 4GB
Inv 2013 SP2 Update 4
Vault Collaboration 2013 Update1
Message 48 of 106
olearya
in reply to: Clarkeng09

Hi Steve - et al

There is still no definite dates for the release of this and I will update as soon as we have finalized delivery.

Realistically we are nearing the final stages of quality testing the solution and release should be available in fairly short order but due to dependencies we are sensitive to setting the wrong expectations here.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 49 of 106
MatthiasGr

Hi Autodesk,

how short is "...release should be available in fairly short order... ?

We are waiting since 8 month now, or miss I something?

Kind regards

Matthias

MatthiasG
Message 50 of 106
magnus.damgren

Fall is now turning into Winter.

Some of our Customers really need this now. They are growing out of their backup capacity. 

Do you need use to create support cases or create a business critical case?

How can we help to speed the process up?

Or are there no solution to this problem?

/Magnus

Message 51 of 106
Raider_71
in reply to: magnus.damgren

Ditto...

Message 52 of 106
Greatwhitenorth
in reply to: Raider_71

+1

Message 53 of 106
graeme.robinson

I'm more interested to know whether there will be a fix for 2012 Vault Pro as well as 2013......Since that is what we run

Message 54 of 106
olearya

HI All,

Thanks once again for your patience here.  The updates being delivered by nature of the issues they address have required extensive testing and have played havoc with the release schedule to date.  2012 and 2013 fixes are both winding up in QA and we hope to have them posted in the coming weeks.

Please stay tuned for more updates.  

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 55 of 106
guyh

Sorry if I am a bit confused here but does this purge issue relate to Vault 2011 (Basic)?  It's just I am in the process of migrating our Vault from 2009 to 2011 and during my tests I noticed I can still access the Vault while the purge is running.  I purged the 2011 Vault (update 2) down to 1 version and 180 days. 

The clarification is appreciated.

Regards,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 56 of 106
guyh
in reply to: guyh

Just looking at the number of hotfixes post update 2 and it seems an Update 3 would be a good idea?

Cheers,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 57 of 106
olearya
in reply to: guyh

Hi Guy,

This does relate to Vault Basic 2011 - the hotfix listed at the start of this thread should be applied to your environment which will restrict purge in the event that this should introduce errors in previous version relationships.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 58 of 106
Greatwhitenorth

Hi Allan,

It's been three weeks.  How's the "winding up" going in QA?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Bob

Tags (1)
Message 59 of 106
olearya
in reply to: Greatwhitenorth

Hey Bob, et al,

Further issues discovered with the upcoming fixes in testing has resulted in further delays to the internally scheduled release dates.

I can well understand the frustration associated with these delays and thank you for your ongoing (stretched) patience but at the end of the day any updates we release need to be sound and stable.  More to follow - hopefully better news.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 60 of 106
graeme.robinson

And are we to assume theres still no one at Autodesk to have any foresight with a date for a solution to this?

Its starting to get to the stage where the software is no longer fit for purpose.

The 'were still working on it, please be patient' wore thin after 6 months......

But I guess thats what the response will be again...

Very dissapointing....anyone recommend any alternatives to Autodesk vault that can use the existing lifecycles we have in use?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report