Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hotfixes Available

105 REPLIES 105
Message 1 of 106
jeremy_lambert
9123 Views, 105 Replies

New Hotfixes Available

All,

We (the Vault team) would like to make the group aware of a new hotfix that we just released to the support page.  You can download the hotfix here for 2012, 2011 and 2010. 

2012 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480860&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

2011 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480822&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

2010 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?id=18480586&siteID=123112&linkID=9261341

This latest hotfix addresses a number of potential issues around property synchronization, copy design, permissions as well as some cumulative updates depending upon the release.

One important fix addresses a recently discovered issue with the Purge command that has affected a limited group of customers. In some cases, the Purge command has left some unresolved file references, resulting in an unresolved reference dialog or incomplete where-used results.

While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that our customers discontinue use of the Purge command, and have included technology within the latest hotfix that restricts and reduces the impact of the Purge command. 

Please continue to monitor this newsgroup thread to learn more about additional software updates as they become available. 

Kindest regards,

Jeremy Lambert

Jeremy Lambert
Sr. Product Line Manager
Data Management Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

105 REPLIES 105
Message 2 of 106
Pacetech
in reply to: jeremy_lambert

6. Run ADMS b2bmigrate operation in command line mode:
        a. Example: Connectivity.ADMSConsole.Exe -Ob2bmigrate -VUadministrator -VPadmin_password -DBUsql_user -DBPsql_password
        b. NOTE: Replace 'admin_password' with the appropriate administrator password for the -VP switch.
        c. The last two command line parameters are required only if the 'sa' password is not the default password.

A few questions.

1. Is this step necessary? It seems to work without migrating.

2. My administrator password is blank, what should I do?

Inventor 2013 Professional 64 bit SP 1.1
DELL T3500
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz, 12 Gb DDR3 RAM
Geforce GTX 460 Graphics 2048 MBytes
Message 3 of 106
ihayesjr

Yes step 6 is necessary to run.

You can use the -VP command without putting in a password.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 4 of 106
Pacetech
in reply to: ihayesjr

How do I tell that the hotfix has been properly applied? Will it show up in the "about" ?

Inventor 2013 Professional 64 bit SP 1.1
DELL T3500
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz, 12 Gb DDR3 RAM
Geforce GTX 460 Graphics 2048 MBytes
Message 5 of 106
JohnHuber

Applied hotfixes will not be shown in the About dialog.  You can examine Programs and Features, select the 'View installed updates' link and the hotfix number will appear adjacent to your qualifying installed product.

You may also check the version of the updated file(s) as specified in the accompanying readme.

However, this will not ensure that the hotfix has been installed completely.  You should always examine the readme to see if there are further instructions.  In this case, a Vault migration is required to consume the change.

Regards,
John Huber
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 106
bob.wiley

Does this hotfix disable the purge altogether?

I've tried purging old versions of a file that are not, and have not ever, been used in another assembly. Running the purge on the specific from the client and also doing a global purge from the server console seem to have no effect. Even IDW files seem to be locked from purging.

Bob Wiley

Inventor 2012 SP-1
Acad 2012 SP-1
Vault 2012 Update 1 Hotfix DL18480860
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP-1
Quad core Xeon 2.26GHz 12 GB
Quadro 4000, 7936 Mb, driver 8.17.12.6570 (265.70), Dual Monitors
SpacePilot Pro, driver 3.3.107.0
Message 7 of 106
BL4849

Exactly the same problem.  Purging cannot be done on the Vault client UI. Before the patch you had the ignore option box which allowed you to purge old versions regardless.  Ticking this option does nothing now

Is there going to be a fix even though 2013 is out now?

Message 8 of 106
olearya

Hi Gents,

Please continue to watch this space. At this stage development are actively working towards a resolution around the purge functionality and the current restriction we have placed on purge in the 2012 and 2013 products.

There will be updates released for both 2012 and 2013 in due course.  Please feel free to reach out to me directly if  you have further concerns.

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 106
AlexErman

Hello,

we have an issue with hotfix : Hotfix - DWF Creation (DL18963992)

It doesn't install on Vault 2012 Update 1 ( basic ) but in readme all versions of Vault are listed.

Best regards,

Alex

Message 10 of 106
JohnHuber

Hi Alex,

That is a typo in the readme.  The update applies to versions containing document management functionality (i.e. Vault Workgroup, Vault Collaboration and Vault Professional).

This update does not apply to basic Vault.  I'll correct the typo.

Regards,

John Huber
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 106
BL4849

Since there a lots of different hotfixes, patches will Autodesk recompile a fresh install of the Vault 2012?  

Message 12 of 106

Can someone clarify something for me on these?

Does the hotfix for 2012 actually fix the issue with Purge or does it simply disable the Purge command until a real fix is created?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
Message 13 of 106

Hey JIm,

Please see details in the thread - I will contact you directly to discuss your specific filestore issues and perhaps look at migrating to ADMS 2013 to address this.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 106

@CelticDesignServices wrote:

Can someone clarify something for me on these?

Does the hotfix for 2012 actually fix the issue with Purge or does it simply disable the Purge command until a real fix is created?

I'd also like the answer to this question.

Thanks.

Bob

Message 15 of 106

Purging is completely disabled for the moment.

I turned in a support request to clarify this question. At first they didn't want to answer, just referring me back to this thread. But they finally responded: "The hotfix was to temporarily disable the purge command..."

I was trying to get all files in the vault in a completely updated state and purged before upgrading to 2013. Not sure if I should continue anyway or wait.

rant

Disabled purging won't cause any kind of immediate problems but the filestore will grow uncontrollable before too long. In the meantime at least we know what’s going on and we won’t be beating our heads against the wall. As with all bugs in the software: It’s a huge and complicated set of programs. It’s never going to be perfect. However it would be very helpful if Autodesk could just give us a little feedback. Like, “yes we recognize there is a problem” and “we are/aren’t working on it”.

It would have saved me hours trying to get a simple purge to work if they had just said in plain english, "this hotfix disables purging". How hard is that!

/rant

Bob Wiley

Inventor 2012 SP-1
Acad 2012 SP-1
Vault 2012 Update 1 Hotfix DL18480860
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP-1
Quad core Xeon 2.26GHz 12 GB
Quadro 4000, 7936 Mb, driver 8.17.12.6570 (265.70), Dual Monitors
SpacePilot Pro, driver 3.3.107.0
Message 16 of 106
olearya
in reply to: bob.wiley

Hi Bob,

Please see the initial post on this thread - apologies if this was not clear:

"While we work to resolve this issue, we recommend that our customers discontinue use of the Purge command, and have included technology within the latest hotfix that restricts and reduces the impact of the Purge command."

As suggested please continue to montotor the thread for further updates on the purge command and any additional fixes.

I hope this helps

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 17 of 106
Greatwhitenorth
in reply to: olearya

Thanks for the info Allan.  We're coming up to the 3-month mark since the original post.  Any guess as to when the purge issue is going to be fixed?

Message 18 of 106
BL4849

@jeremy_lambert wrote:

That is a typo in the readme.  The update applies to versions containing document management functionality (i.e. Vault Workgroup, Vault Collaboration and Vault Professional).

This update does not apply to basic Vault.  I'll correct the typo.

Regards,

John Huber
Autodesk, Inc.

I am using Vault Basic and the "Patch" has disabled purging.
Message 19 of 106
JohnHuber
in reply to: BL4849

BL4849 (and All),

The "Purge" hotfixes apply to all Vault products including Vault Basic (per the links in the original post).

In response to Alex' query about "Hotfix - DWF Creation (DL18963992)", I posted "That is a typo in the readme.  The update applies to versions containing document management functionality (i.e. Vault Workgroup, Vault Collaboration and Vault Professional)."  This hotfix does not apply to Vault Basic.

With respect to "recompile a fresh install"...that would be done in the context of a service pack.  We periodically schedule these depending upon technical need.

Regards,

John Huber
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 20 of 106
JohnHuber
in reply to: JohnHuber

All,

We just posted hotfixes for the 2012 and 2013 Vault releases that provide a fix for Job Processor.

• 2012 - DL19383899, fixed memory leak and adds large address awareness
  • 2013 - DL19384471, fixed memory leak

A similar hotfix for 2011 is in progress.  While these do not address all of the Job Processor issues, it should help to alleviate some of the errors encountered.

Regards,

John Huber
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report