Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My inventor project file is stuck as read only

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
12122 Views, 3 Replies

My inventor project file is stuck as read only

I am in the process of adding our files onto our new vault server. Inventor was installed on our network before I began working here and our engineers have been working off the same project file for 2 years. We now want to add in new templates (sheet metal, etc), but the project file is stuck as read only. Also I can't even map the project folders because it is stuck on read only.  Is there a way to change this back manually? I have full admin priviledges on our system.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lei.hong
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this workflow:

In Vault Explorer, select the ipj file and hit check out (IMPORTANT: please modify the check out path manually. eg. Desktop)

Make sure no application is using the local ipj

Open the ipj by Inventor Project Editor and make your changes

Check In the project file from Vault Explorer

Erik Hong
Product Designer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
hitchhiker
in reply to: Anonymous

locate the local copy of  IPJ project file. change its attribute from read-only. It will change the status of the project  in inventor projects panel.

Message 4 of 4
lei.hong
in reply to: hitchhiker

Yes, it will. It's a solution for data loading needs like original post and I will suggest to check in the modified ipj after that. In other scenarios, this is not suggested. 

Erik Hong
Product Designer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report