Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Vault Basic ADMS 2015

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
447 Views, 4 Replies

Moving Vault Basic ADMS 2015

Windows 8, Vault Basic 2015, Inventor 2015.

I need to move the ADMS from my machine to a stand alone machine over the network. In ADMS I see many options that look like what I want to do and it's overwhelming.

Under Tools: Backup, Detatch Master Vault, Move Master Vault

Under Actions: Detatch, Move Database, Move File Store

I want all vault files and the vault itself to be moved

My Machine to Server to New Machine

I thought I could just back up the vault to the server, install Vault ADMS on the new machine and restore from the backup, but I'm not sure that will bring all the info with it.

Thanks for the help
Ed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Anonymous

Yea move it using backup and restore.

Go to your machine, open ADMS and do a manual backup.  This backs up literally everything, all vaults, files, users, settings, the lot.  Backs it all up into a folder that you specify.

Install ADMS onto the new machine, then go into that once it's installed and perform a restore.  To save yourself a load of hassle, move the backup to the new machine so it's on the same drive as the new ADMS, and restore from that local folder.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Neil_Cross

thanks for the lightning fast response, much appreciated

Message 4 of 5
Neil_Cross

No probs.

Keep the old Vault live on your machine whilst you're doing the restore, there's no problems with having the same Vault running on two different machines/servers.  Only issue is if someone checks work into the old Vault after you've done the backup.

Once you're happy the Vault is safely restored into the new machine, tested OK, you can then blitz it off your old PC.

Message 5 of 5
paul.gunn

Hi Ed,

I would definitely recommend doing a backup on the old machine - then restoring to the new machine (as you suggest).

This will transfer all database and files - and is the easiest and most reliable approach.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report