Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the Vault and SQL to Restore

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
steamer90638
254 Views, 1 Reply

Moving the Vault and SQL to Restore

I an unable to do a backup that can used as a valid backup for a restore. I am running 2010 Vault workgroup, I have a 220gig Vault. I can do an automation script backup that I put on tape, but using the same backup I get a not a valid restore backup. If I go into ADSM and do it there it takes about 5 hours just to tell ve the valadation is missing some files and if I want to continue, then its over 10 hours or more to complete. The server is my bigest hangup as it is 7 years old and 3 gis of ram, so it is very slow.I know there is a way to manually move the data files and file store, I'm going from 2010 WG to 2013 WG.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
r.smith1
in reply to: steamer90638

Hi Terry,

You can perform the 3rd party back up process on your Vault per the below link. 

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Community/Tips_and_Tricks/Using_3rd_Party_Tools_to_Backup%2f%...

This should all you the safety of having a valid backup prior to stepping from 2010 to 2011, then to 2013 or from 2010 to 2012 then to 2013.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report