Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Vault to Another Server - now can't see files

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
BrotherkennyhDWR
1494 Views, 8 Replies

Move Vault to Another Server - now can't see files

Hi,

We are having another server and I am trying to move the vault to a new server. The old server is Vault 2013 I am also migrating to the new 2014 on the new server.

I have backed up the database and file store on the old server, then restored them to the new server and migrated the databases. This seems to have gone ok, but when I connect to the vault I don't see any of the files.

I can see the vault structure, just not the files.

If I look in the location of the file store on the hard drive the files are there, they just do not show in the vault client.

I have also tried connecting from Inventor. I can connect to the vault, but not open files and the "open from Vault" button is still greyed out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kenny Holmes

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
minkd
in reply to: BrotherkennyhDWR

Did you make the backup using the ADMS-Console, and restore it to the new server with the ADMS-Console?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
BrotherkennyhDWR
in reply to: minkd

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes I backed up using the 2013 console on the old sever and restored to the new server with the 2014 console.

The backup and restore seemed to go ok, including migrating the databases.

The file store is in a different location than on the original server. I specified a new location when I did the restore. Is there any chance this could be a contributing factor?

Thanks

Kenny

Message 4 of 9
minkd

I restore backups and specify a different filestore location that the original system often, so I don't think that is the problem.

FYI - the filestore is not consulted when browsing files. Instead we use metadata about the files that is stored in the database.

There were some problems with .NET 4.5 that resulted in display issues, but I believe those were solved with 2013 SP1 and the fixes made it into 2014.

So unfortunately, I'm not sure what would be causing this - I recommend opening a case with product support.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
bgonnet

Hello,

I seem to be having the same problem, except I am running the 2013 client.  Does anyone know what the end result was for the product support case?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 6 of 9
BrotherkennyhDWR
in reply to: bgonnet

Hi,

I never found out how to get the files to show properly. I did confirm that the problem only happens on machines where the 2014 client had been installed. We were still using the 2013 client at the time. When both are installed the files do not show in the 2013 vault client. I don't believe the issue had anything to do with the server move, it was only related to the client machines.

I can't remember details, but I believe the issues were .net framework related.

If you use the newer client and you are having the same problem as I did them you should be fine.

Kenny

Message 7 of 9
minkd

Have you installed 2013 SP1?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 9
hgomez

Hello Kenny

Acctually I´m having exactly the same problem .

¿Could find a solution yet?

I´ll be very gratefull for your help.

Best regars,

Henry Gómez

Message 9 of 9
hgomez

Hello.

It´s solved.

The problem was we don't´n install the Service Pack 1 when add two new machines at the beginning of year.

In the other machines all works well.

Now it´s all OK.

Regards.

Henry Gómez

www.etecsa.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report