Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move vault files, without leaving original folder

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sk
Participant
519 Views, 5 Replies

Move vault files, without leaving original folder

Hello,

We are in the process of starting to use valt for the first time, and have now uploaded all files to it. Since we earlier had an extremely chaotic folder structure in the old network location, we wish to start off fresh with a well organized folder structurre.

So now im sitting and moving files and renaming folders in vault, and i have this tiny little thing hat start to annoy me, and begin to be quite time consuming with the 10.000+ files that is to be moved:

Whenever i move 1 or a bunch of files to a new folder, i am also automatically moved to the target folder, instead of staying in the original folder.

So now i have to navigate back to the original folder to start moving the next bunch of files.

This ongoing back-and-forth-and-back...take more time that you would suppose, also because i am depended on having visual thumbnails of the files to be able do identify different groups of files for different target folders. The continious navigating and short loadtime of visuals adds up and interrupts my workflow..!

So the question short: ANY tricks or settings that will leave me in the original folder after mowing files to a different target folder?

Thanks alt for your time!

/sk

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
luttena
in reply to: sk

Hi and thanks for posting this request. Can you tell us which release you are using?

Thank you,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
sk
Participant
in reply to: luttena

Oh, yes of course. Subject is Vault Basic 2013. /sk
Message 4 of 6
luttena

Thanks for that. I don't know any tricks for staying in your original window, but we do have a 'Back' button. While this doesn't solve your load time issue, this does take you back to where you originated.

Will this work for you?

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
sk
Participant
in reply to: luttena

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your rapid reply.

Well actually I did discover this already, but as you mention theres still the loading issue, and doing this takes me to the top of the window also, so I cannot continue from the same spot without scrolling down, which also disturb the workflow, concentration and efficiency. + it is yet another click and move with the mouse. Every single time 😉

/sk

Message 6 of 6
luttena

I understand why that's frustrating. The reason the destination folder is because that is the desired workflow for the occasional move. With frequent moves, this is not ideal.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report