Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move SQL Server

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
GSU-Tedwards
300 Views, 2 Replies

Move SQL Server

We currently have an install of Autodesk Vault CM 2013 running Windows Server 2008R2 and we're using the default SQL Express that is provided.  We prefer to run our databases and apps on separate servers and so we've set up a separate Windows 2008R2 server running SQL 2008R2.  I've already copied the databases to the new server.  I know that I can reinstall the program and configure it with a different SQL server.  Before I do that, I wanted to see if it's possible to point our existing app at the new database server. 

Can this be done?  I've not seen any settings in the software to change the location of the SQL server. 

Just curious.  Any help would be appreciated.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ihayesjr
in reply to: GSU-Tedwards

Are you referring to Vault Collaboration?

You should go through the steps to uninstall and reinstall with the remote SQL option, then restore a backup.

There are other steps such as setting up a Shared folder that also needs to be done.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 3

Dear GSU-Tedwards
I'm also very interested in separating SQL from ADMS (even started own trhread - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Improving-performance-Move-SQL-to-the-dedicated-server/t...
Have you got the desired result?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report