Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move database from C to D error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Mario-Villada
734 Views, 6 Replies

Move database from C to D error

Hi all,

I am trying to move the database from C drive to D drive in the local server using ADMS console. I have created a folder in D but when I do right click in the vault, click on "move database", select folder and  select log file folder, I am gettng this error message:

"The database could not be brought online at the new location(s). Please verify if persissions allow this operation."

I am an administrator in that machine, and of course Vault administrator as well. We are using Vault Basic 2014.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
paul.gunn
in reply to: Mario-Villada

Hi,

The user account that SQL server is running under needs full control of the target location. Often (but not always) this is the 'network service' account.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Message 3 of 7
minkd

The user which SQL is running as needs full permission on the destination folder. You can see who SQL is running as either via the Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services, or in the SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Also, SQL Server will not allow databases on a removable drive.

If you also intend to move the filestore, make sure the Impersonization user (by default "AutodeskVault") has full access.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
Mario-Villada
in reply to: minkd

Thanks guys, it worked!
Message 5 of 7
madhu.s

Hi.. this is Madhu,

Even I'm facing same error while transferring data from 'C' to 'D'. I am using local Administrator account, no antivirus, gave full access and hard drive is internal harddisk.

Message 6 of 7
Mario-Villada
in reply to: madhu.s

I think it is easier to backup your Vault and then restore from back up. you will be prompted for the location of the database and filestore. Then you can select those locations anywhere you like, like D drive.

Message 7 of 7
madhu.s

Thanks for the quick response... will test this and update you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report