Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monster library bug vault 2013 Pro server 2012 client? please Fix this..

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kbo
Advocate
314 Views, 2 Replies

Monster library bug vault 2013 Pro server 2012 client? please Fix this..

Please read the attached document, i spend hours documenting this please autodesk spend some hours on fixing this.

Regards Kent boettger

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mikel_martin
in reply to: kbo

What are your project file settings in Inventor?

Does the same thing happen when you use the "Get" command in Vault Explorer?

On a different note:

Can you help me understand why you don't want the library files copied localy?

I am not suggesting that this should not work, I am just looking to learn more about our customers processes and why customers might setup environments in a certain way.

It's been my experience that copying the library files localy has no real downside and also helps with performance as well not eating up you network bandwidth everytime someone opens the file.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
kbo
Advocate
in reply to: mikel_martin

Well i have somebody from autodesk support looking into this case.

about the libraries, the reason that they are on a server is that i am programming a lot of product configurators for our products, these will by time be available to our custormers who uses inventor. They will be able to put the libraries fore the configurators anywhere the want in their company setup. see the attached picture :-). and also implement it into their vault if they use vault. In the beginning we did now have vault at that time we had the standard parts we use in a shared library on the server, because i did not want to use a lot of time on editing the content center to our needs. we just kept the standard part library on the server afterwards it used to work fine?

Regards kent boettger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report