Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing items

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DWhiteley
318 Views, 3 Replies

Missing items

I've just migrated from Vault pro 2011 to 2013 SP1

I now find that if I take a large (ish) assembly and create an item from it, I find that half the expected items are missing from the item master BOM.

I've tried a rebuild in the Inventor assembly.

If I track down one of the missing components, it doesn't have an item assigned to it. If I then make it into an item and review the top level item - it is now in the BOM. (after an update).

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

Could there be a problem with references somehow?

Thanks, Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olearya
in reply to: DWhiteley

Hi Dave,

Apart from BOM type excluding a file from item creation, the only other real issue here should be some sort of file corruption or reference issues in the file.  You have followed the correct process here to resolve this type of issue - open and save model, you can also rebuild all to ensure this is completely clean.

How do you ensure this doesn't occur in the future?  I have to imagine you do not find this issue with new models (may require further investigation if this is the case), so it may be a situation that larger legacy models should be opened and cleaned up prior to assign item or at least check structure during the assign process.

In either case, depending of course on your models health, this should not be a regular occurrence, so I would monitor to make sure it is not happening often.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
DWhiteley
in reply to: olearya

Thanks for your reply. We are actually getting this on 2011 models that have only recently been created. The 2013 migration took place last week. Dave
Message 4 of 4
olearya
in reply to: DWhiteley

Hey Dave,

Is there any pattern to this?  Common parts / designer / machine?  

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report