Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Dialogue Box For "Get/Check Out"

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JPrune
2464 Views, 7 Replies

Missing Dialogue Box For "Get/Check Out"

Whenever I try to "Get/Check Out" something from Vault Proffesional 2011 the whole program locks up on me.  I then proceed to "End Task" through the Task Manager and it notifies me that it is waiting for a response from me.  So, I know that a dialogue box usually pops up so you can choose exactly what files to get or check out, but that refueses to happen on my system. 

Does anyone have any insight?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: JPrune

If you reduce the size of the Vault client window (instead of full screen, making it a smaller app window in the corner of your monitor) and open the get/checkout dialog, does it appear?

Another thought might be if you used to run dual monitors, and the last time the grid was opened, maybe it was on the other screen or the screen orientation was different and it is essentially opening the dialog off the grid.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 8
JPrune
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

I have tried to Get/Check Out files in both full screen and windowed mode.  Both times Vault becomes unresponsive because it is waiting for me to click "Ok" in the dialouge box that isn't showing up.  Also, I'm using dual monitors when doing this so I don't think it is hiding off screen somewhere.

Message 4 of 8
Andy.Spivey

Yes, it is most likely off the displayed grid ("hiding").

If you can, try changing the orientation of the external monitor (example, if its on the left side of the main monitor, switch it to the right under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution) and see if the dialog is oped on that section of the grid.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 8
JPrune

Ah, I found it by changing the orientation.  I flipped which side the monitor was "on" and the box was all the way on the far edge of the screen.  Thanks a bunch.

Message 6 of 8
Andy.Spivey

My pleasure

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 8
mikel_martin

Another trick that I have been using in Windows 7 is to press the Windows key and one of the direction arrows (for example the right arrow). This will casuse the dialog to "dock" to the right side of the screen it is on. If you press the direction key again it will "jump" to the next monitor.

Doing this and hitting the direction key a couple times will usally find any hidding dialogs.

Just make sure the application is the active application in windows.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
Nick.Carver
in reply to: mikel_martin

HOLD Alt, space, m and select one for the arrows. Then move your mouse.

This command will dock the dialogue box to your mouse.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report