Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from 8.0.11 to version 17.0.4 are not supported ?!?!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
richardporqueddu6731
607 Views, 6 Replies

Migration from 8.0.11 to version 17.0.4 are not supported ?!?!

I just backed up my vault and installed Vault 2013.  Now I can't restore my data set?  Is there some way around this?

Kind regards,

Rick

RickP
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

what version of vault are upgrading from?

(ex: vault 5, 2008)

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

I believe it was 2011, does it matter?  That disk is formatted now so it doesnt exist, why am I unable to migrate previous versions, or is there some trick I am missing?

Rick

RickP
Message 4 of 7

Okay, I am going to guess I need to install the vault client 2012 to migrate to that first. 

I downloaded Ultimate 2012 and unlike 2013 it is not supplied in the Tools and utilities.  I do see Vault Basic 2012 listed seperatly in the subscription downloads but I need the client.  At 15 min per download this is not fun.  Can someone please tell me where I can find the Vault client 2012?

Kind regards,

Rick

RickP
Message 5 of 7

autodesk.com/vaultserver

the vault client comes with product design 2012

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: DarrenP

It took me a while to track down what release is 8.0.11.  From what I can tell that is our 2010 release.  It has been service packed but I am unsure the exact service pack.  This creates a problem since we do not support migration from 2010 to 2013.  Per the readme:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0208-Readme_N208

What we need to do is somehow get you to migrate to 2011 or 2012 and then migrate you to 2013.  Do you have contacts with your reseller or with Autodesk support directly?

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 7 of 7

Hello,

Thank you for your support.  Yes I have been on the phone with my reseller.  I have had some issues but I basically have to run a restore from 2012 and then back it up.  Then I have to run a restore in 2013.  This was a little complicated since I already had 2013 installed on the server, I had to find another machine to install 2012 on as it won't allow you to install previous versions of the client once 2013 is installed.

I am having errors now with the restore in 2012 not working properly, but this particular question has been answered.

Thanks!

Rick

RickP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report