Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to Vault 2015

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
marco.bonilla
580 Views, 6 Replies

Migrating to Vault 2015

Dear Experts,

In our company, we need to upgrade from Vault 2013 to Vault 2015. Since the actual server doesn't meet the requirements for Vault 2015 we'll need to format and tune it in order to meet Vault 2015 requirements. So, I'm relatively new on this and I wanted to know how to mantain the data and structure of the actual version (restore or attach a previous vault database)  in vault 2015.

Thanks for your replies.

MB

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
swalton
in reply to: marco.bonilla

You might find this set of pages on upgrading Vault from the online help useful:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-77487172-0582-4912-83B1-2E4847716AE0

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 7
marco.bonilla
in reply to: swalton

Thank you for your help.

An additional question. Do i have to install 2015 Vault Client in client computers so they could reach the Vault 2015 server?? I'm having troubles accesing the server from Client computers with 2013 vault versions.

Message 4 of 7
swalton

In theory, you should not need the 2015 client, but I have never tried running an old client with a new server.

See:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2015/ENU/?caas=caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Vault-2015-and-201...

I would install the 2015 client on a test workstation and see if it works better than the 2013 versions. 

Have you migrated your CAD software to 2015 yet?

Steve Walton
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 5 of 7
marco.bonilla

Excelent feedback,

I am running a Professional edition of Vault 2015 and mi clients are 2013 Collaboration, so the client couldn't reach the server ADMS. I will have to install 2013 Vault Client Pro in all the machines along with AutoCad 2015

Thank you very much.

Regards

MB

Message 6 of 7
swalton

I think that the intent of the Vault server supporting the older versions of the Vault client was to allow people update Vault without having to update the CAD version.  Once you go to the new CAD system, go to the new Vault Client. 

In fact, I would be surprised if the old Vault clients know how to talk to the new CAD version.  I would expect that the new Vault client will support 2 or 3 versions back of the CAD software, but I have not tested.

Steve Walton

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 7 of 7
marco.bonilla

I meant Vault Client 2015 Pro along with AutoCad 2015... Je... Sorry about that

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report