Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDF file too large - Vault Gone

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Elbowroom
1293 Views, 6 Replies

MDF file too large - Vault Gone

I have had the problem with the *mdf file being too large in the past. When my users were having problems yesterday I thought the solution would just be too purge and move on (this is after I reset the server clock to match machine clocks). I did the purge and got some error.

I have read others having this same problem and tried some of the steps to solve the problem:
1. Tried to reattach - Vault already exists (of course).
2. Tried to rename mdf file to newvault and changed the filestore location - error - I think due to the mdf file size.

From the workstation, the vault appears to be there but when you try and log in, it does not exist.

I tried making a new vault to try and preserve what I have locally - no luck - same error messages.

Anyone have any ideas? Somehow, I need to shrink the size of the mdf file so my vault will be happy again.

Server: Windows 2000 SP3, Vault 4
Workstation: 2 Dual Core Opterons 1.8GHZ, 2 Quadro FX3400 in SLI, 4 GB RAM, Inventor 10, Vault 4
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
billco-mfg
in reply to: Elbowroom

Are you using the default MSDE (rather than another version of SQL Server) and is your MDF file around 2GB?
Message 3 of 7
Elbowroom

Yes, using the default version of MSDE. I thought and think you must use this version with Vault 4.

The file size is around 2 GB.
Message 4 of 7
billco-mfg

I believe you can upgrade to a version of SQL Server 2000. You can't use any of the 2005 editions, including the 2005 Express edition.
Message 5 of 7
Elbowroom

Short of upgrading to a new SQL service, does anyone know how to fix this?

The *mdf file is 2,060,000 KB.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

No, there isn't anyway of getting around this. To perform new actions MSDE
usually needs to grow the database about 10%. Since you are already close
to the 2gig limit, it is unable to grow the 10% and is locking down the
database.

Irvin
wrote in message news:5403309@discussion.autodesk.com...
Short of upgrading to a new SQL service, does anyone know how to fix this?

The *mdf file is 2,060,000 KB.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

There are a lot of problems for me)). But one of most difficult is the next. Exacter my sql server and files too were corrupted and I didn't know what to do. But unexpectedly I found in the Internet - how to repair sql server 2000 database. It resolved my trouble for seconds and free of charge as I kept in mind. It helped my friends too and some of them thanked me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report