Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping properties

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Q-Bixx
482 Views, 2 Replies

Mapping properties

I'm facing a problem by mapping the properties in Vault and my parts.

I have defined a huge number of properties in our Vault database and some of them map their information to one single property.

To give an example: i have two properties called "VALVE TYPE 1" and "PUMP TYPE 1".

Both of them are mapping to 1 Custom Property called "TYPE 1"

Since we are talking about 100+ custom properties i don't want to have an entire list of empty custom properties in my parts so i figured to let them get created when you fill it in from withing the data card.

Now, and here i'm facing the problem, when you do this with a property that is only used one on one, then it works,

but when i have a property such as the example above, connected to several properties, the custom property is not being created.

Does anybody have a solution for this apart from having every property created from the Vault (having empty custom properties in your parts) or having a one on one relation between the Vault property and iProperty.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: Q-Bixx

Not sure if this is intended functionality, but in my experience you really can't have more than one Vault property mapping to the same Custom property...  I'm making some assumptions here since your original post was lean on information... I'm assuming you are using Inventor?  What releases do you have?

Every time I have found 2 properties in Vault mapped to the same iproperty in IV, or custom props in Acad... these properties have failed to be created.  I'm guessing this is intentional.  My advice would be to avoid this scenario.

Message 3 of 3
Q-Bixx
in reply to: cbenner

I'm sorry i've been unclear somewhat on the problem, but indeed your assumption is right.

I wanted to reduce the number of custom properties by having Vault properties map to the same property such as these.

I'm using Vault Collaboration and Inventor 2011.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report