Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Ownership on Replicated Server

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rfletcher
923 Views, 7 Replies

Managing Ownership on Replicated Server

We have 2 office locations with our SQL server in our main office location.

When files are owned by our second location (satellite office) our main office is not able to obstain ownership. The users get an error that say "No site in workgroup 'VAULT\AUTODESKVAULT' could transfer ownership."

The only way for the main office to get ownership again is if a use in the satellite office changes the ownership to the main server. 

Note: The satellite vault server was set up a year ago, but users only started accessing data on it 2 months ago. Currently users in the satellite are logging into the main office server to check-in/check-out files until we figure out this ownership issue.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
r.smith1
in reply to: rfletcher

Hi rfletcher

Can you tell us what Vault release is in use at your company currently?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
rfletcher
in reply to: r.smith1

2012 Collaboration.  

We are actually upgrading to 2013 Professional tomorrow. I'm not sure if this issue will persist after the upgrade, but I will post to the discussion in a couple of days once I have a chance to test everything.

Message 4 of 8
r.smith1

Thank you for your reply. 

If you have sites A and B, where site A controls the file in 2012, and you wish to use the file in site B, you must manage ownership of the file from B site if the ownership has expired. 

If your user at site A took ownership for a long period, and users at site B wish to take ownership, then they will need to relinquish site ownership from A and give it to B. 

In 2013, this is done automatically. 

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Maxim-CADman77

Are those couple days over yet?

Do you still suffer the issue within Vault13?

Message 6 of 8
rfletcher
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

We no longer have this issue. It was resolved by our reseller when we upgraded to 2013 Professional. It was a problem with how our servers were set up. 

Message 7 of 8
Maxim-CADman77

That's pity. No workaround to share.
Message 8 of 8
rfletcher
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

With a response like that I shouldn't even reply. You should learn to ask in a more polite way. 

The issue was with our servers talking to each other. When the request would come from A or B server to the other it looked like a request from outside of our network. Our IT department had a filter on outside requests to those server, so the access was denied.

More or less it was a firewall issue.

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report