Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost saved searches and shortcuts on previous ugrades of Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rwollenhaupt
426 Views, 2 Replies

Lost saved searches and shortcuts on previous ugrades of Vault

On our last two upgrades of Vault we have lost all our saved searches and saved shortcuts. Is this normal behavior? We are preparing to upgrade to Vault 2010 this weekend. Should I expect my saved searches and shortcuts to be lost again?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: rwollenhaupt

hi,
it would be possible to keep the saved searches and shortcut with a migration after upgrade. please refer to other thread http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=5947514&#5947514. that's to say, the Services_Security_x_x_2008 for vault 2009, Services_Security_x_x_2009 is for vault 2010.

So the saved search for 2009 and 2010 in different location for vault client, you may copy the saved searches and shortcuts for 2009 to folder of 2010.

- for searches: it's located "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\Services_Security_\\Vaults\\Searches"
- for shortcuts, the location is "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\VaultCommon\Servers\Services_Security_\\Vaults\\Objects"

hope it helps.
Fay

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 3
CAD-One
in reply to: rwollenhaupt

We upgraded VC2012 to VC 2013. How to bring back my search folders.
C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report