Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing connection to Vault - need JIT debugger enabled

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cadlad
486 Views, 0 Replies

Losing connection to Vault - need JIT debugger enabled

I am experiencing losses of connection when working in Inventor using the Vault ipj. I get no warning that the connection is lost. I just get the results. I do get blue plus signs in the browser tree when the drop-down menu is set to Vault next to things that I know are already Vaulted. I can at the same time that I get the blue plus signs open Vault and search for the same files inside of Vault that Inventor is reporting are not in Vault. The band aide I've found is to use Check Connection. Vault>Access>Connection Status>Check Connection. Things seem to be getting worse now. The Get/Check Out Files window will appear empty with the message: "Unhandled exception has occured in a component application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this arror and attempt to continue." This is followed by pages of data that begins with...

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml'.

The request failed with the error message:

--

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>

<title>500 - Internal server error.</title>

<style type="text/css">

<!--

body{margin:0;font-size:.7em;font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;background:#EEEEEE;}

fieldset{padding:0 15px 10px 15px;}

h1{font-size:2.4em;margin:0;color:#FFF;}

h2{font-size:1.7em;margin:0;color:#CC0000;}

h3{font-size:1.2em;margin:10px 0 0 0;color:#000000;}

#header{width:96%;margin:0 0 0 0;padding:6px 2% 6px 2%;font-family:"trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif;color:#FFF;

background-color:#555555;}

#content{margin:0 0 0 2%;position:relative;}

.content-container{background:#FFF;width:96%;margin-top:8px;padding:10px;position:relative;}

-->

</style>

</head>

<body>

<div id="header"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>

<div id="content">

<div class="content-container"><fieldset>

<h2>500 - Internal server error.</h2>

<h3>There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.</h3>

</fieldset></div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

This data ends with the following message about enabling the debugger. This error is for a part called "Enclosure 7 Top Stop Bracket".

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Once we click on Continue, then the Get/Check Out Files window will appear with a red X across it. Followed by another error that reads: "Unhandled exception has occured in a component application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this arror and attempt to continue." This is followed by pages of data, which ends with the same message as above about enabling the debugger. This time however, the error is with Microsoft .NET Framework.

So, how do I enable the debugger?

Dell Precision T3610 - Windows 7 SP1, 64x, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (driver 9.18.13.5306), Inventor 2013 SP2 Update 6 - *Autodesk Inventor Professional Certified*, AutoCAD 2014 SP1, Vault Professional 2014 SP1, 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report