Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Help thru VPN

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
autochinnuauto
463 Views, 9 Replies

Login Help thru VPN

Need a little help here please:

I am trying to login thru VPN from my home computer to my Company's Vault server & Vault is giving me an error as attached. I can’t login using Windows authentication as my Computer's credentials & Vault Credentials are not the same.

I am using Vault Manifacuring - 2010

I am sorry if you guys have addrssed this already in other threads, thank you so much for reading and your help.

Thank you,

Chinmay Vaze

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
olearya
in reply to: autochinnuauto

Hi Chinmay,

What username are you entering - this dialog seems to indicate you are entering something in the format of a windows logon?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
autochinnuauto
in reply to: olearya

Thanks for the reply Alan, I am entering my Vault user name for sure.

Message 4 of 10
olearya

without domain details?  That is odd then.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10
autochinnuauto
in reply to: olearya

With domain detials...

You need more detials?

I am using my company domain

Message 6 of 10

Hello Chinmay,

When you use VPN are you able to access other things on your network that require domain credentials (say a file share)?  Unsure if you work remotely or not all the time, but has the machine ever been on the domain in the office?  Are you able to log into the Vault when you are in the office using this machine?

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 7 of 10

Hi Jim:

I can access all drives (file shares)

I think your quetion is valid .

I never connected my maching to my office domain (may be thats why)

If yes, what would be the solution? I work far remote from my office.

I think we know the problem now, but please dont say solution is to conncet my machine to office domain once.

Thank you,

Chinmay Vaze

Message 8 of 10

Is it possible to get the Vault administrator to give you an account that isn't a domain user?  This will at least allow you to log in remotely.  Honestly, I am thinking something happens to your user account when you log into the physical domain.  Unfortunately, I am not a windows security expert because there might be away to get the proper bits locally without being on the physical domain.  I still think the best bet is to have your admin on the Vault give you an account that isn't tied to a domain.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 9 of 10
olearya

Hey Jim,

Chinmay seems to indicate above that this is not a domain username account but a simple Vault user - this is what I am trying to establish by asking what the user name is that is being entered.

It sounds to me like the username is in a domain user format - causing the problem - Chinmay, if you are not comfortable sharing exactly what the username is you are entering can you at least confirm that yo uare not adding the domain name to the username.

I don't think you would be but want to make 100% sure.

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 10

Allan & Jim you guys are super smart...

My IT support were able to resolve this for me with the help of your comment.

Big Thank you,

Cheers,

Chinmay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report