Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Vault Basic Server 2015 on the same machine as Inventor and Vault client

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Bruce-1008
592 Views, 3 Replies

Loading Vault Basic Server 2015 on the same machine as Inventor and Vault client

Does anyone one have the step by step instructions for loading Vault Basic Server 2015 on the same machine as Inventor 2015 and Vault Client 2015? The machine operating system is Windows 7 Professional. My Server is now too old and I want to do this as an interim fix until Autodesk make Vault Basic Server available on the cloud as a reasonable price.

Regards

Bruce

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Bruce-1008

@Bruce-1008 wrote:

Does anyone one have the step by step instructions for loading Vault Basic Server 2015 on the same machine as Inventor 2015 and Vault Client 2015? The machine operating system is Windows 7 Professional. My Server is now too old and I want to do this as an interim fix until Autodesk make Vault Basic Server available on the cloud as a reasonable price.

Regards

Bruce

i suggest going through this guide 2014 version should be enough since it has the same system requirements as 2015

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

as far as Cloud offering of Vault i doubt this is going to happen any time soon

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

if you plan to run sql 2008 express from the vault install then there is nothing really to do

during the vault install it will run the pre checks on your system to make sure all the necessary settings IIS for example is set up correctly

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

if you are going to AU this year

you may want to look into this class

PL6015-P - Every Silver Lining Has a Vault in the Cloud

Primary track:

PLM and Data Management
Learn how to use Microsoft Azure to host Vault software
Learn how to use Amazon Cloud to host Vault software
Learn the license requirements when using a hosted environment
Learn how to connect a local File Server with a hosted Vault Server
IT Manager/CAD Equipment Manager
Vault for Admin
None
Lecture
1 hour

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report