Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life Cycle Definition

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CAD-One
613 Views, 6 Replies

Life Cycle Definition

I noticed that I cant delete a used lifecycle definition. I opt out the part/drawing to a None lifecycle but still cant find that we cant delete a life cycle definition.

I understand that somewhere high up in the history tab, an old version might have used that lifecycle. Is there a way to getrid of it? I dont want users to use it anymore.

Is there a solution?

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mikel_martin
in reply to: CAD-One

You can not delete if a previous revision of a file used this Lifecycle.

However, you can remove it from all the categories and no user will be able to apply it to future files.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
CAD-One
in reply to: mikel_martin

Mikel,

1. I went to edit mode of the lifecycle definition. Right under the title I see a categories dropdown. Currebtly I had engineering selected. I unchecked that, applied, saved & exit. Is there any other place I should look?
  2. Also, now that this life cyle will not be available for use, for the files that are already in this cycle, Can I assign to opt out (None) & then change the life cycle to new one?

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 4 of 7
mikel_martin

You can change what category a LC is assigned to with the workflow you describe or you can go to the Categories dialog and change it there. Both have the same result.

You dont have to change a file to None before switching it to another Lifecycle def.

You can change to any Lifecycle assigned to the files category. A category may have more than one lifecycle assigned.

You may change the Lifecycle that a file is assigned to in the Change State command.

Hope this helps.

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
CAD-One
in reply to: mikel_martin

Thanks a lot

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 6 of 7
scottmoyse

CAD-One you shoudl use the accept as solution if this has been resolved. It helps other people later on when searching the forums for solutions

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 7 of 7
CAD-One

Scott, thanks for prompting. 🙂
C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report