Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Question

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
wesbird
294 Views, 1 Reply

License Question

Hi, 

I'm just start implemention our first Vault project to production. 

Here come up a license question:

if a user login Vault, either from vault explorer, AutoCAD Addin, Outlook Addin, or Excel Addin, etc, the computer locked, or went into sleep mode, does it still count one user? 

Thanks you

Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
minkd
in reply to: wesbird

It depends.

If the client machine is put into hibernation (so nothing is actually running anymore), then the license will expire and be released after roughly 30 minutes of inactivity.  The background job that releases the inactive licenses runs every 5 minutes by default, so it could take up to 35 minutes before the license gets released.

If the client machine is screen-locked (so everything is still actually running), then it depends on what clients are running.  For clients that don't make calls to the server when they are idle, the licenses will timeout just like above.  However, some clients poll the server even when they are idle, and that polling will keep the license alive. For instance, the Vault Pro thick client will poll the server to see if any Change Orders have been added/removed from your work list (I believe this can be turned off by disabling Change Orders).  Also, I think AutoCAD polls the server to determine if any XREFs are out of date (I'm not sure if continues to poll when it is idle).

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report