Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language of Vault Explorer 2014

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Maxim-CADman77
298 Views, 0 Replies

Language of Vault Explorer 2014

I've just discovered behaviour change of Vault Explorer 2014 regarding language (in comparison to 2013 version). And I’m not happy with this change.

As CAD manager I prefer to have installed all CAD software in two languages: Russian (our corporate dominant) and English (non-spoiled with localization).

Inventor since 2013 is OK (install as much LP as you need).

Vault Explorer 2013* was less convenient but still possible to have in both variants simultaneously (provided OS supports several languages). In my particular case (Win7 corporate) before VE13 installation the OS language was toggled to Russian and Russian client was installed. That’s: it when OS language toggled to English – VE13 is English, if current OS session language is Russian – VE13 is Russian.

Vault Explorer 2014** always stays in language chosen during installation regardless OS language – in my case Russian in English OS.

BTW, this is opposite to “A non-English Vault client must match the language of the operating system.” declared  there http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-language-pack/m-p/4333438#M48449.

I wonder was it changed deliberately or it is a defect that could be fixed in next Vault 2014 update.

* 13 – SP1, upd1

** 14 – SP1

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report