Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landing Page Not Updating

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mthomas
823 Views, 6 Replies

Landing Page Not Updating

I had adjusted the Landing Page for my Vault Professional when we rolled out 2014 and it worked great, but now I want to change it.

I followed the steps outlined in the help here, but the clients aren't changing. Is there something I need to do to the local thick clients to refresh them?

Mike

Mike Thomas

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: mthomas

I tried the same thing in Vault Pro 2013 and have had very siliar results.  Roughly 50% of clients updated to the new page, the others blink for a second as if they are trying to update, and then revert to the default page.

Message 3 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Clear browsing history and cookies in Internet Explorer.  I generally use Firefox so I didn't think to clear IE.  Apparently Vault's default browser is IE.  Give that a shot.

Message 4 of 7
r.smith1

Have you removed the lines noted in the help, using notepad++ to stop the redirect to the internet?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
mthomas

Clearing the history in IE fixed it on all systems buy mine... oh well, at least everyone else is happy

Mike Thomas

Message 6 of 7
dvsmiller9

This method worked for me in 2015 Pro.  We were upgrading from 2013 to 2015 and two clients showed the new 2015 page while one still showed the 2013 page.  I had to uncheck the 'Preserve Favorite website data' option in the Delete Browsing History dialog for it to work.

Message 7 of 7
scottmoyse
in reply to: dvsmiller9

This just happened with my 2016 client as well. But I had a 2015 & 2016 client open when deleting the history in IE... so it still retained that site in history. Once I made sure all clients were closed, it worked a treat.

FYI The code mentioned in that knowledge base article is already commented out these days (I checked 2015 & 2016). The online versions of the pages haven't been updated since 2014, so that would explain why.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report