Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KnowledgeVaultMaster exceeded 4GB

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
314 Views, 2 Replies

KnowledgeVaultMaster exceeded 4GB

Hi,

I have a vault (2009) which currently has a database size of 1.2GB - well within limits i thought. I got to work a few days ago to find the server had 0 space on the Vault partition.

On investigating the problem i found that KnowledgeVaultMaster has exceeded 4GB, which has caused over 60,000 errors in event manager regarding license issue. I suspect that this error is being written out to KnowledgeVaultMaster_log, which is now 130GB in size!

I manage a network of more than a dozen engineers, which now do not have Vault.

My question is should the KnowledgeVaultMaster database be exceeding 4GB if our main Vault is only 1.2GB? If so i have been looking at the wrong database size information (ADMS console) and been very misled.

I have a critical support request with Autodesk, but i haven't had a response since early yesterday and this is a serious situation.

I know that the limitation can be removed by installing full SQL. If this is the correct option, which version should i use / purchase. Also, i am mindfull that we are close to 2010 release. Are there any changes that will be relevant in the new release?

Many thanks,

Dave Mason
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I highly doubt that your KnowledgeVaultMaster should have grown to that
size. It sounds like the growth settings for the database somehow got
messed up. Opening a case with Product Support through your reseller was
definitely the right thing to do.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 60,000 licensing errors in the "event
manager". Do you mean the Windows Event Viewer? What do these messages
say?

Dave Mink
Autodesk / Data Management
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dave,

Not sure what happened here but it might be linked to viper antivirus which has caused us other problems on our 64bit PC's. Anyway the only way out of this was to restore a previos backup. The KVM now runs at around 100MB. I now run a server side file size check on the KVM database!

Thanks,

Dave Mason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report