Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jpeg image disappears when I view the file i just checked in from Inventor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
caddape
407 Views, 5 Replies

Jpeg image disappears when I view the file i just checked in from Inventor

Hello,

I'm working on Inventor2014 Build 246, Release 2014 SP2 and I'm checking into 2014 Vault Pro Build 18.1.8.0 Update 1. Monday, everything is fine.

Yesterday I noticed that the JPEG I use for our company logo does not appear in the Vault preview, or when I click to view the file. But I can open the idw into Inventor and then it's there again, check it into Vault and gone again. I have absolutely no Idea why this is happening. I do know that some of my settings reset themselves, like the making the visualazation file check mark. Maybe there is something else that was unchecked?  Can anybody help??

(I probably need to provide more info, just ask. This is my first thread I started....)

Thanks,

Josh

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: caddape

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in reply. Do you still have the issue? If yes can you please send me the dataset (pack and go) so that I can try? You can send it to me at senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 6
Neil_Cross

When you set up the title block in Inventor and inserted the image, did you embed or link the image into the title block?

First thing that comes to mind is that the JPEG might not be getting checked into Vault as a linked file.

If you go into Vault and select the drawing, look at the 'Uses' tab, does it show the JPEG linked to the drawing?

Message 4 of 6
caddape
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Neil,

I've tried both ways. Neither seem to work. I attached some pics, one is the structure of our vault, the other shows the path for the instruction sheet I'm trying to fix.  See, I can see the logo in the little preview box, but when i click to view the file, its gone. I open the idw and it's in inventor....

Unfortunatly "vault" was never covered in school, they preached file structure. Now I only know enough to be dangerous >:)

And thanks for your time.

Josh

Message 5 of 6
caddape
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hello Senthil,

I tried the pack and go, but I get noncomplient issues... and it doesn't complete. idk, I'm starting to think I don't like the RES template file I have shown in another post below....  it's read only and this all started when I changed the size of the logo I was using... The only way I could check in the file was through Vault, (right click and check in). I have pics posted in the relpy to Neil below...

Thanks,

Josh 

Message 6 of 6
caddape

I guess there is a Hotfix for Inventor 2014 SP2 that fixes the problem in SP2. Image files are not created when exporting to PDF and/or DWF....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report