Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job stuck in queue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BSchubring
1718 Views, 5 Replies

Job stuck in queue

Anyone have a suggestion for removing a job that is stuck in the job server queue? We're running Vault 2011 Pro.  

The job was being processed by a job server that failed, and is now in the queue permenantly as 'Processing'.  After staging a new job server the queue runs normallty, and this stuck job doesn't seem to be doing any harm.  When selecting this job, neither the Re-Submit or Remove buttons become available.

I haven't tried restarting the vault server yet as it is in use, was hoping for a simpler solution. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: BSchubring

BSchubring,

I believe you can clear this out by disabling and re-enabling the job server.

JobProcessor.PNG

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 6
amasva

Open the job server queue and add the button "reset to queue". See attached image. After resetting you should be able to delete the job.

Asle Martin Svastuen
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ulitmate 2012 Sp1 / Vault Collaboration 2012 Sp1
HP EliteBook 8560w
Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 2,0GHz 2,0GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 7 X64 SP1
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
BSchubring
in reply to: amasva

Adding the reset to queue button worked, thanks!  The previous reply about disabling and re-enabling the job server did not work because the job server has failed completely, as in it was no longer booting.  So, we created a new job server on a machine with a different name. 

Thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 6
CAD-One

I am having similar issues with piled up error files in job server queue. My "reset to Jobserver" button is greyed out.

How can I enable this?

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 6 of 6
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: CAD-One

What permissions are you using?  Also, what is the error that is showing up on the "jobs" that are in the queue?  You might want to actually stop the job processor that is causing the issue and start it back up.  That sometimes can kick start it again.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report