Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Queue: Sync Properties

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
PVT_Stewie
538 Views, 11 Replies

Job Queue: Sync Properties

A quick question; What causes Sync Properties error in the Job Queue?

Is there a quick way to resolve it?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: PVT_Stewie

Are you talking about this?

sync.JPG

If so just select the file and go here.

sync1.JPG

If this is not what you are talking about, can you provide some images of what you are seeing?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 12
PVT_Stewie
in reply to: Cadmanto

No, I'm referring to Sync Properties errors that appear in the JOB Queue when files are set to "Release" state in Vault.

Message 4 of 12
Cadmanto

Ok, what causes the files to be out of sync is when a revision change occurs, the files need to be sync'd or updated.

That can be done like I explained in my last posting.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: Cadmanto

Scott, I think he's trying to use the Job Processor... which you may not have in your Vault setup... I think it only comes with Pro... not sure.

My opinions of the JP are very low, I've never had it work correctly for me... so I quit using it altogether.  We're a small enough operation that we can sync properties and create dwf's manually as needed.

My best guess is that the operation is pegging out your processor.  Even though you may have multi cores, JP uses only one... and it often reaches max... and then the JP just gives up.  There are a lot of threads about this all over these forums... I don't know if any solution was ever found.

Message 6 of 12
PVT_Stewie

Scott,

the suggestion you made has already be done, but is not the error that shows up.  When we force that type of synch Vault deosn't find descrpencies.

What I'm trying to find out is if there's another way manually do the sync that is attempted automatically in Job Processor?

We are using Vault 2013 Pro.

Message 7 of 12
cbenner

The manual methid for sync properties is what Scott showed you above, select the file or files, go to Actions\Synchronize Properties.  I don't think there is any other wat than that or the Job Processor.

Message 8 of 12
Cadmanto

That would make sense.  I am only using workgroup.  I have never used JP so I cannot speak to it.

This is where posting images helps as well as stating up front what version of software you are using.  Smiley Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 12
PVT_Stewie

Scott,

Yea, I have to remind myself to post what program I have......i keep forgetting to do that.....Smiley Frustrated

I tried posting a screen-shot but for some reason it won't attach.....any ideas on that one?

Message 10 of 12
Cadmanto

Not sure if you are trying to attach an image or post it.

If you have a .png or jpg or bmp file you can use this method.

image.JPG

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 11 of 12
PVT_Stewie

It worked....Smiley Very Happy  Thanks.

That being resolved, please see below.

Capture9.JPG

Message 12 of 12
Cadmanto

Well, I am glad that little issue is resolved.

Like I said before I do not have vault pro, so I have no experience with what you are asking, but I did find this thread that might answer your question.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Job-Processor-Error-Sync-properties-not-allowed-on-non-...

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report