Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Processor - file locked when updating revision table

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
m.deleurere
475 Views, 3 Replies

Job Processor - file locked when updating revision table

I am having an issue with the job processor updating the revision table when chaning a drawing to a released state in vault 2014. 

I created a job processor user set to administrator with lifecycle security 'read', 'modify' and 'delete' checked under 'allow' as described in this link:  http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2011/05/file-locked-when-releasing-a-file.html.

However, unchecking 'deny' for 'modify' and 'delete' under 'deny' for 'everyone' means that anyone will be able to modify a drawing or its metadata while in a released state.

How can the job processor be configured to create a dwf/ update revision table while maintaining the locked file status?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
smithmat
in reply to: m.deleurere

@Anonymous.deleurere wrote:

unchecking 'deny' for 'modify' and 'delete' under 'deny' for 'everyone' means that anyone will be able to modify a drawing or its metadata while in a released state.

I don't think that is true--did you test it out?  In order for a user to have permission (read, modify, delete) for an entity it has to either

• have no access control list, or
  • have an access control list such that:
    a. the user or a group the user is in is listed are set to "Allow" and 
    b. the user and *all* the groups the user is in are *not* set to "Deny".

That is, once there is an ACL on the entity, you need to be listed as "Allow" and have no "Deny"s to have the permission in question.

So, in your specific case, unticking "Deny" doesn't give them access, they would need their user or group to be explicitly listed as "Allow".

These links are helpful in understanding:

Hope that helps,

- Matt

Message 3 of 4
m.deleurere
in reply to: smithmat

I don't think that is true

thanks for the response, you are correct.

before creating the generic job processor acount, i also checked modify/delete for everyone under the 'allow' column in order for the revision table to update.

since removing the checks from the allow column, the files are now locked as they should be. 

Message 4 of 4
m.deleurere
in reply to: m.deleurere

i now have the ability to update the revision table through the job processor.  however, when testing on another user's machine, the latest revision does not show on the dwf.  no errors appear in the job queue and the job processor displays the update revision block message.

the other user is logged into the job processor with a generic job user account, not windows authentication.  the job user account is set to be an administrator and has read/modify/delete set to allow under the lifecycle security for the released state.

does this have something to do with roles / permissions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report