Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Processor Error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
billco-mfg
2328 Views, 9 Replies

Job Processor Error

I have the job processor set up now, but I have yet to get it to successfully publish a file. With every file, I get one of the following three errors:

1) Non unique Visualization file - I have yet to find a duplicate dwf when I get this error.

2) Login Failed - Does the job processor log out when it is idle? I did not get an error when entering the credentials in the job processor settings.

3) You do not have adequate permissions - Really? The admin account doesn't have adequate permissions?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ihayesjr
in reply to: billco-mfg

1. Do you have Unique File Names enabled?  If so, disable it, create the visualization file then click the Find Duplicates to see if it tells you where the other file is located.
  2. Yes, the Job Processor logs out of Vault when it is idle.  Check your server logs to see why the log in failed.
  3. Does the permission issue happen everytime?  I would show the hidden files and see the status of the DWF file associated to the parent file.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 10
billco-mfg
in reply to: ihayesjr

I searched the entire vault for the file name (minus the extensions). Only the DWF and the DWG are found. Checking the file out and in with AutoCAD Electrical does not give the same error. Neither does the Update (locally) button inside Vault Collaboration.

I'm assuming the login fails because all of our Vault licenses are being used. If a file fails because of a login error, is there a way to get it to automatically retry?

No, I haven't found a pattern to the permission problem. What would the parent problem be with ACe files? The WDP file, or the other files in the project?

Message 4 of 10
ihayesjr

Are you using Enforce Unique File Names?

I would say that the login error would be the lack of a vault license.  No there is no way to get it to automatically retry.

The parent file is the DWG file you are making the DWF file from.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
billco-mfg

Yes, we are enforcing unique file names.

Actually, regarless of the CAD application, I know the parent file was checked in. The task is sent to the job processor as I am checking the files in.

Message 6 of 10
ihayesjr

As far as the duplicate error message, what I believe it is happening is that it sees a duplicate file when it attempts to check-in and therefore it doesn't check-in the DWF file the Job Processor has created.  Turn off the Enforcement, Run the Job Processor on a file that has shown this error than click the "Find Duplicates" button next to where you enable the enforcement.  This should at least show some clue as to why it is getting this error.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
billco-mfg

When I disabled the unique file name option, the job processor successfully created the file. However, the file name does not appear in the list generated by the 'find duplicates' button.

There is a large number of duplicates that already exist in our vault. They were created before we decided to set Vault to enforce unique file names. They are Content Center parts for the most part. We deal with them as they cause problems.

A search of the root folder for the file name has always found the files in the past. It does not in this case.

Message 8 of 10
billco-mfg

If I follow the following steps with a file that has this problem, the job processor will re-publish the file.

1) Disable unique file name enforcement.

2) Click the update button.

3) Enable unique file name enforcement.

4) Re-submit the file in the job queue

If there was a duplicate file somewhere in the vault, I should get the non unique file error again. I don't.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Any update on this issue? I have a client running Vault prof.2012 that has the same issues. They are using workflow on Item..
Error msg on job processor is "on unique Visualization file". Without any duplicates...
Message 10 of 10
david_coulam
in reply to: Anonymous

The non-unique visualization file is often related to a rename or copy design where the dwf is/is not created. The dwf can still be associated with its original parent. Updating the visualization on the source will usually free it up and allowing the newly created file to have its visualization updated. The other way around it is to delete the visualization and generate again. An easy thing to check is to see if there is a rename or copy design in the history of the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report