Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Rodriguez

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1142 Views, 3 Replies

Jefferson Rodriguez

HI
IM INSTALLING AUTODESK DATA MANAGEMENT SERVER 2010 IN WINDOWS 7, IN THE INSTALATION A WARNING APPEARS..{color:#0000ff}A firewall was detected on the server. Verify that the firewall doesn't block http port 80... {color}{color:#000000}I REALIZE THE INDICATED STEPS BUT THIS STEPS ARE FROM WINDOWS SERVER 2008, IN THE WINDOW FIREWALL FOR WINDOWS 7 THE EXCEPTION DONT APPEAR...HOW I CAN UNBLOCK THE PORT? IS THISTHE REASON THAT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO DO CHECK IN TO MY PARTS AND ASSEMBLIES? ( LOOK THE PICTURE IT ANNEXES)
THANKS {color}
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dickyshu
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jefferson,

Thanks for posting your issue.

At first, we do NOT support install ADMS Console on Windows 7 platform. I suggest you turn to a server series OS(Windows Server 2003 or 2008) for ADMS installation.

If the warning appears during the pre-check, it will not prohibit your installation process, but MAY have some issue when using.
You can uncheck the option“Use default IIS configuration”before you click "Install" button on installer UI, change the port number other than 80 (between 1 and 65535) to use a customed port on ADMS Console.

I don't think your check in issue is caused by windows firewall.

Thanks,
-Dicky

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
dickyshu

If you want to add a custom port for Windows 7 firewall, please do:
1> Control panel->Windows Firewall
2> Advanced Settings:
Windows firewall with advanced seurity on local computer->Connection security rules
3> Create a new rule
4> Please view the attached image to check where you can set a customed port.

Hope this helps,
-Dicky Edited by: dickyshu on Oct 18, 2009 3:40 PM

Dicky Shu
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

thank you very much for your cooperation, take into account your comments

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report